printing thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Question - and yes I did search..

Is there an easy method to print the entire thread for reading? Say you want to now read all of the x thread at over 1000 messages. Printing would be much better.

And a suggestion for the method if it needs to be developed... format the page without all of the buttons and such. The printing just needs name, subject, message, date, etc. Probably save the server some work too.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Go to the bottom of a page of a thread.
Click on "Show Printable Version"
Again go to the bottom of that page and click on
Show all 'nnn' posts from this thread on one page.

Of course you will lose all images.
Don't know if there's a solution for that.

/Hugo

the "but" is the problem

Thanks for your reply, but as you point out you lose the image. As you can imagine, the drawing of the circuit is critical to the thread. There may not be a solution and I won't whine if there is not. But it would sure help the ache in my head if I could carry the paper around as I ponder just what in the heck is happening. The small string of understanding usually happens far away from the computer. And since these types of threads have many versions and trys, having them inline would reduce the errors (I killed two days on a sim because of a misplaced resistor connection.. I know you understand).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.