Need a PIC based Line Following Robot - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd June 2008, 03:48 PM   #1
Paswa is offline Paswa  India
diyAudio Member

Default Need a PIC based Line Following Robot

Hello Everybody,

I'm teenager DIYer. I'm a completely newcomer to the world of robotics. Can somebody please provide me a good PIC based scheamtic of a robot...which is not tooo much complex....preferably line following, wall following or anything else.

Please help
Old 22nd June 2008, 04:33 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I Just saw some in "Nuts and Volts" magazing. I forget which issue. Search their website. Also check "Make" magazine. There are vendors to sells inexpensive kits with schematics and software.

-David
Old 22nd June 2008, 06:10 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks friend

I decided to make http://www.diylive.net/index.php/200...lowing-robot2/http://www.diylive.net/index.php/200...lowing-robot2/

But can somebody tell me is it possible to program PIC 12C672 using a homemade "JDM Programmer"
Old 22nd June 2008, 06:56 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Paswa

But can somebody tell me is it possible to program PIC 12C672 using a homemade "JDM Programmer"

Just make a Ponyprog - faster, better, more devices, etc.

And btw this thread should not be in "Digital"
Old 23rd June 2008, 04:24 AM   #5
awam is offline awam  Australia
diyAudio Member

have a look at the arduino's- www.arduino.cc

Very easy and convenient to program and ideal for making simple robotics as you can easily interface stepper motors and servos.

A great intro to robotics.
Old 23rd June 2008, 04:30 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

here's another question. Can somebody tell me which PIC programmer to make with support of programming PIC 12xxx series chips.....

1> EzPIC http://www.kmitl.ac.th/~kswichit%20/ezpic/index.html

2> http://www.diylife.com/2008/02/15/pr...crocontroller/
<<I selected it it>>

3> SI Prog
http://www.lancos.com/siprogsch.html
((I Like IT ))

or anything else?
Old 23rd June 2008, 04:31 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

can I use PIC12F683 instead PIC12C672....microchip advises to use it
Old 25th June 2008, 02:45 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Dear paswa,

Do not use pic 12c672, because you can use it only once as you can not erase it. Use flash pic which are of F series. You can use 12f683 which is of 8 pin and having 2k word memory and having internal oscillator. You can use 12f675 which is similar of 12f683 but with 1k memory and costs less.

These 12f675 and 12f683 is having some advance modules like adc, comparator etc. If you are new user, you may find problem to start from these.
If you are new in the embedded world, you can start from pic 16f 84a, which is of 18 pin and easy to learn. It is always better to learn the all pros and cons of the micro controller and then land up in the complex world of robotics. Just following and copying something from internet with out understanding it deeply will bear no long lasting result.

Making pic programmer is very easy and software is readily available in internate.
Old 26th June 2008, 05:31 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I agree that the 16F84A is a good PIC to start with. It should be easy to find and is well supported.
Old 26th June 2008, 05:48 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Do not use pic 12c672, because you can use it only once as you can not erase it. Use flash pic which are of F series. You can use 12f683 which is of 8 pin and having 2k word memory and having internal oscillator. You can use 12f675 which is similar of 12f683 but with 1k memory and costs less.
Thanks, friends. I dont know why diyaudio members were not responding to my this thread. But thanks, becoz there were all if you. PIC16F84, I'll get the sample. But my sample of PIC12F683-I/P is on the way. pic12c672 is just outdated. new EEPROM is on the way. But one thing; can I use the same programming code (which was written for PIC12C672) for PIC12F683?

Can you please suggest me a good ebook or webpage , from where i can learn basic PIC theories and programming?

Quote:
Making pic programmer is very easy and software is readily available in internate.
What about this schematic....I'm going to make it...

http://www.diylife.com/2008/02/15/pr...crocontroller/

Hide this!Advertise here!