Do you like it straight, or amplified?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All

Music from your computer, I'm writing about. I have an arrangement connected to my computer which already gives very nice sound. I use an inexpensive subwoofer (subwoofer turned down completely) and I use only the amp inside to amplify sound from my computer. Instead of using computer speakers, I have connected a pair of mini monitors to the subwoofer (in the place of the speakers which came with it.

Which makes things even better, is that the subwoofer came with a wired remote with which I can control volume and switch it on or off.

I recently bought a little Scott integrated (40W/ch) which I'd like to use in the place of the subwoofer's amp.

I will probably have to give up the convenience of the wired remote, unless I can find a way to connect that to the Scott amp.

Do you have similar arrangements (using an amp and better speakers) connected to your computer?

Cheers

bulgin

to be honest, I can't get enough volts and amps out of my PC soundcard so I'm 100% amplified and proud (tri-amped!. :)

Many cheap soundcards have really poor performance (distortion, noise, etc) It takes a lot of careful engineering to get close to 96dB dynamic range out of a 16-bit CD transport, but there are some gems out there. Due diligence.....

Do you like it straight...

It's a mess but it's up and running.

From the Scott's AUX to an Edirol UA-1EX outboard soundcard and with a pair of bookshelf mini monitors things are sounding rather dandy. Only 40W/ch but this is ample for computer sound.

bulgin

Attachments

• img_0001-1.jpg
    img_0001-1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 57
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.