RF Muting Circuit for audio cables

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Dutchman, I'm sure that Transparent will tell you something else (if they talk at all) but that is all that would be needed to mute RF on an interconnect
The question I have is why? If you are getting raw RF signals picked up by your interconnects, and then it is actually making it into and through your system, you have other problems. To start with, your interconnects need better shielding. Beyond that, your amps, etc. have way too much bandwidth.

Peace,

Dave

Hello GD, I would agree with you there. But I think on a time scale you would need to go back around 100 years. Before the advent of radio. If you really want to filter out the RF in the atmosphere, I would recommend that you wrap your listening room in metal screen material (like used in window screens), then ground this. You have just created a Faraday cage!:) That should keep most of the problems out, but you will need to install an antenna external to the Faraday cage to pick up radio signals. Also, Faraday cages won't stop Gamma rays.;)

Peace,

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.