Rat Shack- competition ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a wacky idea.

What if there were an "audio build" competition, where each entrant's design was limited strictly to the electrical components found at your local Radio Shack ?

I'm guessing this would not include the case design, that could be outsourced.

ANYthing from Radio Shack...in other words you could rip apart their receivers, speakers, toys...??

I realize their parts selection has diminished over the years, but.....therein lies the challenge.

I imagine this would go over well at a hi-end trade show...it would be quite humorous, as well as interesting, especially if some designs actually sounded great.
And it would send a message that DIY is alive and well.

(think "sponsorship")

It's just an idea.
Am I nuts ?

=RR=

Neat idea! I would love to see it happen, hehe, but with my limited knowledge about building from scratch I fear the best I would be able to muster would be a shunt style passive preamp!

BTW I might as well come out of the closet, as this would be the thread to do it in....

...At the moment I am employed by Radioshack as an assistant manager and a trained store manager in waiting. Please don't hate me! :cannotbe:

-Justin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.