FreePCB Layout Prog - Item Sizes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there

Hope somebody can give me some clarity on the following matter.

I am currently busy with "FreePCB" software to map a circuit for a phonostage using discreet, "old fashioned" components.

Now for the cloudy part... most of the items in the parts list are marked in weird ways... how mould I know what symbol equals a standard 1/4 watt resistor ... etc...??

The smalles resistor is marked simply as: "RC05" and capacitors are marked as "CK05, CM5100-13K, RAD-492... etc"

How would I know if I have chosen the correct sized item markers? I dont want the PCBs to arrive at my side all out of perspective relative to the standard components.

Anybody here ever used this software?

Thanx in advance!
D

You should download a free copy of Pentalogix Viewmate software to examine your Gerber files. Regardless of what software I'm using, I always do that to check what the board will really look like.

I use FreePCB for just about everything, but I rarely use included models- I make my own just the way I want them.

The reason I do that is to make sure I'm using the standard hole sizes and such for the PCB house I happen to be using. There are often a set of "free" sizes, and then extra cost ones.

You can use the cursor and read the coordinate info at the bottom of the screen to see about what the models look like, or hit the function key to edit the model and do the same thing from that view.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.