Vinyl Records

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With a recent chance purchase of a working cheapo Technics TT from a yard, I managed to return to vinyl a few months back, after thirty something years of tape, cd and mp3 etc. All around agreed that it was simply stunning! Complete with all the pops and clicks and other artefacts of the medium! Sadly, shortly thereafter, along comes the in-house "Dance 360" representative, aka Junior, as inquisitive/destructive as ever, who proceeds to perform a few scratch-master moves on the record carelessly left on the TT, and... Well, I am now in the hunt for replacement TP4 stylus for the TT. All said and done, I prefer the TT sound over that from the other "sources" in the house, and due to the general scarcity of TTs, both new and otherwise, I am tooling up for the eventual construction of my own localized version of the "Teres" TT... well a man can dream... Hopefully it will sound even better than the Technics...

I am having a really terrible time trying to get replacement TP4 stylus(es) for my SLQD33, should I just go ahead an buy one of the many Ortofon OMP 5E, Grado Prestige Blue or Stanton L680EL cartridges available online?...

Would it be possible to retrofit a REGA arm onto a technics SLQD33? If yes, this would allow me to say goodbye to TP4, or at least open up alternatives, but would it be worth the investment in time/cash?...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.