PAY PAL can you log on?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have been unable to log onto Pay Pal with either of my computers, for two days. Is anyone else having this problem? Occasionally I even get notifications that the certifications may not be valid. Other than already knowing I have lost my mind, does anyone have a suggestion?

Bud

BudP said:
Hi all,

I have been unable to log onto Pay Pal with either of my computers, for two days. Is anyone else having this problem? Occasionally I even get notifications that the certifications may not be valid. Other than already knowing I have lost my mind, does anyone have a suggestion?

Bud

I have two accounts and three computers; everything is working fine.

Which web browser are you using?

Hi Bud,

PayPal seems to be working. I was able to login and go through the steps to send $10.00 to you. Your account was recognized and in good standing. I canceled the transfer... No big financial windfalls today :D

Verify that when you try to login to PayPal that the address is https://www.paypal.com/

Doing the network query nslookup returns the following list if IP addresses used by paypal. You can paste any one of the IP addresses into the address bar of your web browser and directly link to PayPal without using any Domain Name Servers to see if your PC is getting hijacked by a bogus DNS server.

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.paypal.com
Addresses:

Hope this helps.

This is somewhat amusing, I guess. Firefox will not log on even using Gary's direct addresses. Each wanders off to a Google page with numerous other named web sites claimed for each address. Int Ex will not log on to any but one of Gary's direct addresses and will not log on with a www pointer. AOL just shuts itself off when Pay Pal is mentioned.

So, I used IE to extract what money was in the account.

This was true of both computers up until a few minutes ago, when the main rig made a few high pitched singing sounds, in a very repetitive manor and the BSOD showed up. So, now I get to try to get the thing to run long enough to dump the latest data out onto a USB back up drive.. I'm certain it is all related to gremlins of one sort or another.

Ho Hum, just another Monday evening on planet earth.

Thanks for the help;

Bud

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.