Replacing Pot with higher quality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to get some ideas on what to use to replace the volume control on a TCC-754, which is a phono preamp with 3 aux selection that are passive. Which would allow me to pretty much directly input signal without destroying it with a preamp that I can afford. I am at the moment going direct to the power amp and it sounds great. I have ordered the unit and expect to have it in a couple of days. The only knock on the unit is a cheap 100K stereo pot(PCB). Although I can always wire something if I can't find a direct PCB replacement. I am afraid the replacement pot might cost more than the unit. I am thinking a Log(which is already expensive), dual concentric which would allow me to control the individual channels which I can not do now or with the stock TC-754. I don't have the dimensions yet, but as long as it fits, I don't mind drilling holes, but the box is pretty small. I don't even mind if it is the best way to go to do two mono pots and just make room for another pot. Compared to the things that people do here this is a pretty simple thing, I am sure there will be many ideas. The big thing is it needs to sound good.

Thanks,
Barry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.