New Style Sonic Transducer... waddya think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Driving down the road the other day, I had a thought as I was slowing to a stop at a traffic light, accompanied by the all too familiar variable pitched squeal from my disc brake pads...

Why not capitalize on this phenomena and design a unique transducer from various sized spinning discs and (non-asbestos, they don't squeal) disc pads, the discs being spun by pancake motors driven at variable speeds by the audio stream to be reproduced???

I know, there are "SOME" details to be worked out, but there shouldn't be a problem with efficiency, since some of the Mack trucks in front of my office are audible from 200 + feet away as they screech to a halt.... :D

Jake-braking semi type setups could produce the low pitched equivalent of a sub woofer as well, using some sort of reverse compression engine modulation scheme.

Think of it... instead of all the noise in city traffic, this technology could be used to produce mellifluent strains from various sympho nies, perhaps drowning out the all too familiar thump-mobiles based on passe' current constructions...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

remember, you heard it here first!!;)

John L.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.