Microsoft Update failure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anybody had program failures on their PC after Microsoft "Auto Update" attempted to install
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806) and failed ?
I use a downloading program called UseNeXt which was working the previous night, but "encountered a problem" when opened the next morning. System Restore didn't help, reinstalling UseNeXt didn't help,and you weren't permitted to delete NET Framework 2.0 and start afresh. Microsoft Forum solutions didn't help either.
Eventually,I downloaded "Windows Install Clean Up",deleted, then reinstalled the program from Microsoft download, UseNeXt still didn't work, so in desperation I tried letting Windows Update have another attempt. This time it installed, and UseNeXt worked again. There are other programs that use this NET Framework, so this may help if you have problems due to failed Windows Update of Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1

BTW, I am far from a PC expert, so this is all I can offer regarding this problem ! However, another UseNeXt member had this problem for several days before seeing my post in the UseNeXt Forum Support area, then tried this method, and it worked for that member too.
SandyK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.