I need help on a sweet project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am working on a project and I'm hoping this is the place to come for a little help.

I am planning on attending the bay to breakers race in S.F. this may and our crew is using a Nintendo Universe theme for our costumes. We are building a giant Donkey Kong float that will house beer and music. We are very dedicated to making this thing as awesome as possible and I came up with an idea.

The final goal is to have a big red button somewhere on the float that if you hit it, it would produce some sort of Nintendo sound. Such as the song from Super Mario Bros. when you beat a level, or the zelda song, or whatever we can come up with.

Price is a little bit of an issue so the cheaper the better. It doesn't have to be the greatest quality sound, but it does have to be loud because I'm guessing there will be a lot of really loud people around it.

Any suggestions would help because I don't really know where to start right now other than looking for the sounds. I'll send you some pictures of the party when it all goes down if i can get it working.

Thanks a lot!

Mike aka Waluigi

There are electronic car horns that play samples. That sounds like the perfect solution. Like the Wolo MODEL 375 / RECORD-A-HORN™
If those aren't available locally, JC Whitney has them for under $50.

There's also door bells, and car alarm horns that play samples; I wouldn't be surprised if JC Whitney had the latter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.