The fleabay-scam thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Conrad Hoffman said:
IMO, there's a serious problem somewhere in the USPS.

Well, maybe some P.S. I'm not so sure that it's the USPS. I somehow suspect that the postal services in Spain and Italy don't work quite as well as those in (for instance) Germany or Sweden. USPS is probably in the upper-middle of performers.

Arne... I got some things from Audiotek168 pretty quickly. He has a 99.5% feedback record. Given the amount of overseas sales he has, I think that's pretty good. I doubt that he just doesn't ship stuff. Not responding though.... I don't know what to make of that. I'm surprised. I've had that a couple of times with ebay sellers. Sort of blows my mind. How can anybody do any kind of business like that? Sorry to hear of your problem. I'd say keep emailing him; keep it civil. It's your best bet.

Originally posted by Conrad Hoffman
IMO, there's a serious problem somewhere in the USPS.

Originally posted by vpharris
Well, maybe some P.S. I'm not so sure that it's the USPS. I somehow suspect that the postal services in Spain and Italy don't work quite as well as those in (for instance) Germany or Sweden. USPS is probably in the upper-middle of performers.

Exactly my thoughts!
Spain`s postal service but definitively the Italian seem to be among the worst in Europe.
About USPS I can`t say anything negative. A few years ago when I still bought lots of stuff from US, I always got everything and in due time through them (even via uninsured surface parcel post). However, how they do today I don`t know.

i also ordered a number of times from audiotek168.. some orders arrived in 1-2 weeks time.. but some of the bigger order didnt arrived on time or didnt arrive at all.. I'm still waiting for my OCT 9 order which they said, they have shipped the replacement last monday. hope its true....

about their feedbacks.. many of them are FAKES...

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...ek168&iid=280295681093&de=off&items=25&page=7

audioteck.png

Cobra2 said:
-and I now have to add audiotek168 on fleabay as a no-good seller, I have been waiting (too long) for lots of parts, and when asked a couple of times after a month and more, I was assured it was sent.
Now, two+ months later, I can not get any answer.
(and ofcourse no help from ebay).

Arne K

I had similar feelings about this seller. I had waited about 2 months on 2 sets of PGA2310 chips and assumed it was a scam. But I followed it up via email just in case. I recieved a reply saying they had been lost in post and had been re-sent and just a week or so later they are here! I have not tested the chips yet (may be fakes?) but they carry authentic looking markings. Will report back after trying them but the point is that something arrived!

To be honest, I think eBay is a safe place to buy when used properly. No doubt eBay provides guidelines to avoid being ripped off, but fwiw I'll list the steps I stick to here as they have never led me astray.

Always use paypal. If you havent received the item after 59 days always file a paypal dispute (60 days is the limit), even if the seller has sent you a tracking number and you are in good communication, do it anyway. You can always email the seller letting them know you have only filed it as a precaution.
Once the dispute is open, you can always close it when the item turns up and no negative mark is left against the sellers name. If you dont open within 60 days, you have no way of getting your money back.
Always insist on a trackable delivery method especially when buying from abroad. For cheap items where the cost of trackable delivery is not worth it, you should at least be able to get proof of postage.

Of course sellers can still cause you a headache, but this way at least they should only be able to take your time, not your money

Cobra2 said:
-and I now have to add audiotek168 on fleabay as a no-good seller, I have been waiting (too long) for lots of parts, and when asked a couple of times after a month and more, I was assured it was sent.
Now, two+ months later, I can not get any answer.
(and ofcourse no help from ebay).

Arne K

I can happily report that I did receive my shipment from Audiotek168 in a timely fashion. I'm not inclined to say that he's a bad seller. That said, the item that I bought was fairly low-cost, and therefore a less likely candidate for an eBay ripoff.

I sell and buy on Ebay.

When buying, I always evaluate the seller - checking feedback, number of sales etc.. I would never buy from a seller with low score unless I can pick it up in person.

When selling, I will always send by some form of signed-for delivery. This gives the buyer peace of mind in that it has been sent, is trackable and is insured. It also prevents "I've not received it" scams. It costs more but you get what you bought.

I have a 100% rating at present with a feedback score of 670.
I have only ever had 2 bad feedbacks, both from attempted scams.

Ebay is safe to use if you follow the "rules".
Not everyone is out to rip you off !!

Andy

xaudiox said:
i also ordered a number of times from audiotek168.. some orders arrived in 1-2 weeks time.. but some of the bigger order didnt arrived on time or didnt arrive at all.. I'm still waiting for my OCT 9 order which they said, they have shipped the replacement last monday. hope its true....

about their feedbacks.. many of them are FAKES...

Check this thread near the end. Lots of unhappy people.

As for the feedback, he has HUNDREDs of it. He had a slew of bad feedback on the icepower stuff and within a week or so he suddenly had a huge increase in sales of $.99 items to 0-5 feedback members.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Audiotek = mobile6699 on eBay

The seller who has been widely accused of shill-bidding and fraudulent feedback is back in business with a new name:

mobile6699

Unless you bid very close to their "BuyitNow" price, they will
probably never deliver the goods.

See:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136058

and

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137913

Audiotek are currently being investigated for furaudulent activity.

Too bad! They have nice stuff, and if they'd cut out the "Free Shipping" gimmick and shill-bidding nonsense, they'd probably be doing a nice business with many of us right now.

Sad that greed has motivated so many potentially good sellers to scam us nowadays!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.