Source for Sanken RL10Z Diodes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I Don't know???? I don't know what differences if any will make a difference in this circuit.

Yamaha uses a very odd output stage in this amp using Sanken Darlington output devices that rail track the signal as i understand it. Not a very good design. Has some pretty severe crossover distortion with an 8 ohm resistive load at 100hz. But i don't have the front end attached at the moment so i haven't checked to see if they are partially biasing the input stage from the front end or something strange.

The Fairchilds might be just fine?

I wasn't sure if you wanted the original parts for some specific reason.

They have very close specs so they should work fine.

RL10Z

Vr = 200v
If = 2A
Vf = 0.98v
Trr = ~50ns
Ir @ 100°C = 100uA
Ifsm = 30A

EGP20D

Vr = 200v
If = 2A
Vf = 0.95v
Trr = ~50ns
Ir @ 100°C = 100uA
Ifsm = 75A

I do try and use original branded parts for repairs as often as possible unless i know for certain a part is equal to or better then what the factory used.

Those specs look close enough that i wouldn't wonder about it later on. I will see if i can locate those instead as the Sankens are proving to be very difficult. No one has any in stock it seems. and i can get them if i want to order 4000 but i need maybe a handful for a life time.

Right now i need 1 to finish an amp and maybe a few more to keep on hand.

Zc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.