Olimex double-sided pricing & alternatives

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well...with the dollar's weakness against the euro, Olimex's prices are less attractive than they used to be. I paid $34 for one of their DSQ panels (160mm x 100mm) about 2 years ago, and now it's 30 Euro (~US$47).

Are they still the best option for 2-sided, with soldermask & print? Even at the elevated price, is there anybody in the US that can compete?

I know...I have a list of places that do PCB prototyping. Unfortunately, I'm just too lazy to go to each one and price out a board. So I'm looking for recent experiences.

Thanks...

--Greg

I don't know, I'll have to look into it more. I guess one factor would be whether you needed more than one design done, as most of the others do not panelize. From what I recall when I used Olimex, the majority of the other board houses required quantities of 5 boards to be run, etc. I was doing 4 or 5 different boards and using anyone other that Olimex would have been considerably more expensive. From what I recall, 5 boards of one design would run around $100 ($20 each).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.