Class-A tube amps deprecated in the light of global warming?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not to bring up anything involving politics, but I recall one of our US Presidents used the term "Merkin" when he first came to office. His handlers realized this and they worked on his diction until he could pronounce American correctly. This was one of our Presidents from the South, so it may be a cultural thing depending upon the region you come from. I do however believe that the fine Australian fellow Mr. Gootee was speaking with was exploiting this pronuncation, along with the definition listed previously to make a humorous remarks about some of our fine fellow Americans (Merkins?).

Peace,

Dave

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
gootee said:
And I also thought that you would make the connection between that post, here, and your answer to someone else in another thread, where they asked if you were a creationist.

Yes, I did make the connection, but the way you spelled it made me wonder if you're one of those guys that runs around in a lycra jumpsuit, uttering politically correct platitudes to fellow flock members.

gootee said:
[To which I was tempted to respond with something like 'WTF is that supposed to mean?!', but thought better of it, in your case.]

:rofl:

gootee said:

Sorry if I seem a little cranky, by the way. After being self-employed since 1984, I am starting 'a real job' on Monday!! I'm still looking forward to it (an EE position, working on 'electronic warfare' stuff :cool: ), but am now starting to worry about how well (or IF) I'm going to be able to handle getting up early every day (like, 5-AM-early!), and not being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want. Yikes!!! On the other hand, ever since 1984, I've always missed having other engineers to 'talk shop' with. (Besides, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse! ;-)

Good luck!

G.Kleinschmidt said:

Yes, I did make the connection, but the way you spelled it made me wonder if you're one of those guys that runs around in a lycra jumpsuit, uttering politically correct platitudes to fellow flock members.

Well, although I usually try to appear to be polite, in this forum, the idea of 'political correctness' is abhorrent, to me, as are many of the other ideas that the same crowd seems to espouse.

Oops. Now we're diving back toward politics. Oh joy!

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
gootee said:

Well, although I usually try to appear to be polite, in this forum, the idea of 'political correctness' is abhorrent, to me, as are many of the other ideas that the same crowd seems to espouse.

Oops. Now we're diving back toward politics. Oh joy!

OK, but have you at least got the prosthetic ear extensions?

SY said:
You're also contributing to the heat death of the Universe. Conversion of coal to electricity, then the electricity to heat, increases entropy.

We're not good Citizens of the Galaxy.

Listening to good tube audio increases our gross national happiness quotient. Happiness trumps entropy (ask any Bhutanese person)
M

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.