The importance of proper setup and vibrations control - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2002, 10:16 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
tt1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tt1.jpg (40.0 KB, 1666 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 18th September 2002, 10:22 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

tt3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tt2.jpg (42.7 KB, 1612 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 18th September 2002, 10:29 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

t
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t.jpg (43.1 KB, 1559 views)
Old 19th September 2002, 06:57 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Peter,

Thanks for posting the photo's. Does look a bit like an ET arm. A bit unclear how it all works though.

I spoke with my turntable guru, he say's that the last Adrianne he sold 3 years ago went for $1200CDN, so your price is very fair. Good luck selling it

Cheers,
Ron
Old 19th September 2002, 08:01 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

The air is supplied to big black block. There are probably some holes inside a channel which produce enough pressure allowing the arm to slide. And that's all to it. All the other stuff is counterbalance and mechanism helping smooth lifting of the arm.

I've seen an ad in Buy and Sell around this time. Is the guru from Ajax?
Old 19th September 2002, 09:09 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

No, my "guru" is Arthur Salvatore. He used to run High End Audio in the Beaches. Moved to Florida last year

Cheers,
Ron
Old 19th September 2002, 09:27 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

So be ready for a big surprise. I bought my Ariadne from him 3 years ago for $1400. He was using Forsell and Jadis phono stage without cathode follower at the time.
Old 19th September 2002, 09:37 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Ah, so you know Arthur He told me that he's just getting his system together this week, can you imagine not having a system for almost a whole year When I saw his system last year, he was still using the Forsell and Jadis. I gave him some tips on his mods regarding his volume control, which he appreciated

Ron
Old 3rd October 2002, 02:26 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

I just did some experiments with granite and it seems that blown rubber sandwiched between two granite plates (and everything bolted together) has the least sonic signature of everything I tried before. My CD PRO sounds really good now. I'm building 4 more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cd.jpg (53.5 KB, 938 views)
Old 5th December 2002, 10:58 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter,

I have been using a pneumatic table, normally used with scanning electron microscopes, under my cd-player. It is exactly the design used by Rockport Technologies with their Sirius record player -- see photo. It is being driven by air. I can post photos of my own pneumatic table when I have assembled it. The sound is unbelievably coherent.

Thomas B
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sirius.jpg (82.8 KB, 853 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!