RCA interconnect configuration

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I try to home make some long interconnect (about 12 feet long from preamp to power amp) using name brand cables. But I've found that most of these cables have 3 wires inside ,some has 4. I was wondering how does someone using these wires to make interconnects. I thought one is for signal the other for ground. Any ideas?

Pete

No. I am actually interested in Kimber Kable and it's configuration. In it, three wires are braided together. I am just wondering if two of these wires are put together as signal path and the third as ground, or, one as signal path the rest two as ground. Or, one as signal path ,the second as ground the third non-functional.

Sounds like the cable you might use for maybe a condenser microphone or cable for "Balanced" Interconnects! Maybe headphone cable too!

Do you have a Kimber model number from the jacket? If so, it might be more helpful to research than a picture!

Regards//Keith

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.