Human Powered System

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see you all speak in a tongue which I can scarcely understand. BUT! I am interested in learning its complexities. So without further ado, and with a big hello to all you learned astronomers, I have a bit of mischief planned that i would like to divulge.

If possible (and dammit I say it must!) I want to build an audio platform and have it be powered exclusively by sweat. Hopefully this can be accomplished upon some sort of bike, or some other means of efficient transfer.

Essentially I need to power a digital/analog source to deliver the gospel, a mixer to disallow distraction, and speaker powerful enough to enable dance.

Perhaps i'll need to come up with an entirely new breed of platform to accomplish this. Thanks ahead of time... Bring on the suggestions, criticisms, and bewilderments!

Direct power of a system for PA/Dance use would probably necessitate using batteries, and pedalling in advance to charge them. Direct power for a small system to listen at normal levels in a home, much more possible, but it would require some efficient speakers, and low power amps, etc. Not impossible, but definitely requires some thought about power needs, etc. Good luck! If you come up with a successful design, post pics, schematics, etc!!

Steve,
Funny you should list the URL for windstream. They are about 25-30 miles south of me. Used to be just up the street. It's kind of embarrassing that I totally forgot about them when I posted earlier. Based upon the fact that I need exercise, and have an exercise bike, I should talk to them. Maybe I could get some SLA batteries and make myself a little power:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.