Welbourne Labs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just throw in my couple of pence worth...

I've also had a frustrating time with Welborne. I ordered a Terraplane in October 05 and received the kit three months later, missing several major components including silver wound transformers. At the time of order, I was assured of a 10 day delivery. Emails/calls alerting RW of the missing items went unanswered for around a week. The rest of the kit was then shipped over the next 5 months.

Same story as everyone else, very polite and responsive up until the moment he got my money. Thereafter, responses were virtually non-existent and somewhat curt. I called a number of times but was just switched to a machine, despite advance emails advising that I wished to discuss the shipping.

The balance of the kit was sent out via the cheapest means possible, despite the fact that I'd paid a high premium for the best delivery (stupidly believing the '10 days shipping story'). That's just theft in my opinion.

There are no logos on the amplifier but if there were I would have removed them; The amps sound good but every time I look at them I feel sick about my dealings with the company.

I will never do business with them again and would recommend others to looks elsewhere also. Sorry to start my time with this list on such a sour note but people need to be warned about this company.

My summary:

After my unpleasant experiences with this company i ended with announcing him a deadline of 30 days ... after that i'd give all data and communication informations including all mails to my credit card company, which i also did at the end as i still did not receive anything ... three days later i've got all the missing parts with no commentary on the parcel. So i pulled back that procedure.

So in my case it's a "happy" ending, but nevertheless not amusing.

It must also be said that the products he sells are well made and the kit is packed very lavish. For example each sort of resistor, cap. myC, has it's own labeled plastic bag ... and the manual is written also very well detailed ... nearly to foolproof.

It's a pitty to see that somebody makes so much effort in his business/products and ends with this result.

To make it a constructive criticism:
Dear Ron Welborne, never say you have products in stock, when you don't have them 100% complete. And if you are overshot with some circuit boards or parts of your kits for a few weeks, then say it in advance. I think that people would easy wait for something when they'd know how long they have to wait for it.
Install a phone that you are accessible.

Smooth and good business needs mostly good communication !

artQuake

to artquake

Hi,

Since we cannot pm you I try to contact you through this thread. It seems you constructed the Monster's Balanced preamp designed by Alexw88. How did you get the PCB ? Where do you find the PSU ? And what is your comment on this preamp ?

TIA for your feedback

My Best

They are STILL having problems

I too have had a problem... they (cunningly after reading the above posts) sent me an email stating that they were having problems with credit card payments and please pay by PayPal. I did so but with my credit card. It's now been 2 mos. and I have gotten NO response back from them after having sent 4 emails over the course of this time. Paypal could be of no help to me as they said when they brought up the payment that they could not put a dispute. WHAT? I asked them if they could look into it and they said "deal with your credit card company"... Gee thanks Paypal. I called the credit card company and they are initiating a dispute. This is NO way to run a company. I also have a small owner run business in the audio industry and I at least have returned ALL emails within (at the most) a weeks time. I sent them an email under another name and they responded to the question on their products, so I know they are getting email. If I don't hear anything within another month, I will start my own web site documenting all cases I find when posting this to boards, then we will see how much business they get. Oh yes, BTW you'll notice that there is NO contact phone number on their website anymore. I'm sure they got tired of going thru the myriad of angry phone calls about their order status.

Last edited:
An Other With A Problem With Welborne Labs

Hello all, I'm curious if anyone here has had recent trouble with Welborne Labs, I saw some old posts on the topic but I'd like to know specifically about these last few months? I usually don't post bad press on people since life's complicated all around but I've tried everything and can only conclude outright fraud. I've dealt with them a few times over 20 years w/o issue, but the impression I get now is that they must be going out of business and taking orders and getting ready to run. I'm temporarily living in Italy and had my order sent here instead of my USA address, just two DC filament boards and parts while he was having a big Fall sale, a $60 order charged on oct 20 and still no delivery.

Usually from the US to Italy a light envelope like this gets to me in 1-2 weeks. Rarely anything gets held up in customs, never anything small. After a month I started sending email inquires to check if shipped or delayed and got no reply. Sent many more polite emails over the next few months and never anything back, not even an automated response! There is no phone on the website but I found it Googling. Just a machine or often no answer. I had friends stateside try calling too. I sent in a BBB complaint and got a report back from the OK BBB that they got no replies to their queries either. So I figure I just got outright scammed. I googled and saw it's happened to others here, he seems to especially blow off overseas customers. I'm trying now to deal with my card company but that doesn't look too good, not easy anyway.

If anyone here's managed to get in touch, resolve a similar problem, or can verify that the place is still in business please post or PM. Others best beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.