Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 25th January 2008, 12:36 PM   #21
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I've pulled a post that contains personal information about people who may or may not have anything to do with Welborne Labs. No need to encourage harassment of people who may be perfectly innocent.

Old 25th January 2008, 12:47 PM   #22
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

yep, I was wondering about those...

Old 25th January 2008, 12:52 PM   #23
BHTX is offline BHTX  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow. So much for that I guess. I really don't see how I ever encouraged harassment, much less of innocent people. In fact, I encouraged just the opposite, and also went on to say that the first thing I'd do is put it in the law's hands. If no one is allowed to try and help anyone in this thread, then why is it here? Just to vent and complain?? Guess so. In that case, since I don't have any complaining to do in regards to being ripped off by this man, so I'll shutup and leave this useless thread now. Anyway, I just got ahold of the number associated with that Tuscon, AZ address, and I'm positive it's him. Guess I'll just keep it to myself though.

Him: "Hello?"
Me: "Is this Welborne Labs?"
(Long silence)..
Him: "Who is this??"

...LOL.

Old 25th January 2008, 12:55 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

I had been unaware that there were and are so many people that experienced issues with Welborne Labs. Over the last 5 years I have placed in between 10 and 15 small orders and they have all arrived. They typically amounted to $60 on average. Perhaps 1000 is far more appealing to keep...

Graham, I am really saddened by your friend's experience. It goes to show what can happen when we order from any country abroad. I will certainly reconsider doing business with this company. That kind of behaviour is inexcusable.

All the best.

Brownlow

Old 25th January 2008, 01:13 PM   #25
BHTX is offline BHTX  United States
diyAudio Member

Darn. I can't edit that now. Seemed a little harsh. I didn't mean anything against you SY. You're just doing your job on the forum as a moderator as you felt necessary, and I understand that.

Anyway..

"...others packed up U-Hauls with gear. Here, Rocky Mountain Audio Fest promoter and organizer Ron Welborne of Welborne Labs and wife Dana pack it up."
http://www.symposiumusa.com/RMAF17.html

The person I just talked to on the phone was him, and I think that's quite obvious. So, he IS in Tucson. And that address in my removed post was his.

Someone look up Ron Welborne in Arizona and take down his address.. and that's all I'll say here.
Now, contact law enforcement and do something about it.

Old 25th January 2008, 01:46 PM   #26
pooge is offline pooge  United States
diyAudio Member

Will the USPS entertain the issue of mail fraud?

Old 25th January 2008, 01:52 PM   #27
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

BHTX, don't worry about it. I know your intentions are good, but when you put stuff out there, you have to assume that some subset of readers will be malevolent morons. All it takes is one...

Old 25th January 2008, 04:10 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BHTX
Darn. I can't edit that now. Seemed a little harsh. I didn't mean anything against you SY. You're just doing your job on the forum as a moderator as you felt necessary, and I understand that.

Anyway..

"...others packed up U-Hauls with gear. Here, Rocky Mountain Audio Fest promoter and organizer Ron Welborne of Welborne Labs and wife Dana pack it up."
http://www.symposiumusa.com/RMAF17.html

The person I just talked to on the phone was him, and I think that's quite obvious. So, he IS in Tucson. And that address in my removed post was his.

Someone look up Ron Welborne in Arizona and take down his address.. and that's all I'll say here.
Now, contact law enforcement and do something about it.
you found his tel no. That's great, I liked your previous post, we only want whats rightfully ours (as you said) I want to speak with him and find out whats going on, the same thing that you would want with any company. If Dixons (a consumer store in the uk) took my credit card in the shop, and then said. Right sir if you would like to go home now with no TV! we will contact you, maybe, maybe not. If this were the case, they would be in court in 5 mins flat.

Old 25th January 2008, 09:06 PM   #29
nhuwar is offline nhuwar  United States
diyAudio Member

If the guys business isn't incorporated the no matter what he does he can legally be healed liable for what he has done.

If his business is incorporated them all he would have to do is change the name of his business and he gets off scott free.

But he hasn't changed the name of his business. You can call him and tell him to either ship the items you have bought or your lawyer will be in contact with him.

I bet he will ship them. And if he doesn't it usually doesn't cost much to have a lawyer draft a letter to send to him.
I want to say 200 dollars is about normal. He would know you mean business

So for you all who bought amp kits costing many hundreds of dollars this would be my suggestion.

Assuming you still have you invoice or other proof that you payed for the item.

Thats what I would do aseptically if he ripped me off of 500 bucks. Shoot I would do it even for 100 dollars just on a matter of principal alone.

I do not stand for anyone stealing from me and I take any legal recourse I can.

Just my 2 cents,

Nick
So smokem if you got um

Old 25th January 2008, 10:57 PM   #30
Cobra2 is offline Cobra2  Norway
DIY !
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cobra2
Default o.t.

Quote:
Originally posted by nhuwar
---
I do not stand for anyone stealing from me and I take any legal recourse I can.
---
Nick
So smokem if you got um
So what can be done to privates (fleabay-scammers?)
I have the names of a couple of potential victims...

Arne K

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!