Welbourne Labs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. So much for that I guess. I really don't see how I ever encouraged harassment, much less of innocent people. In fact, I encouraged just the opposite, and also went on to say that the first thing I'd do is put it in the law's hands. If no one is allowed to try and help anyone in this thread, then why is it here? Just to vent and complain?? Guess so. In that case, since I don't have any complaining to do in regards to being ripped off by this man, so I'll shutup and leave this useless thread now. Anyway, I just got ahold of the number associated with that Tuscon, AZ address, and I'm positive it's him. Guess I'll just keep it to myself though. :)

Him: "Hello?"
Me: "Is this Welborne Labs?"
(Long silence)..
Him: "Who is this??"

...LOL. :D

I had been unaware that there were and are so many people that experienced issues with Welborne Labs. Over the last 5 years I have placed in between 10 and 15 small orders and they have all arrived. They typically amounted to $60 on average. Perhaps £1000 is far more appealing to keep...

Graham, I am really saddened by your friend's experience. It goes to show what can happen when we order from any country abroad. I will certainly reconsider doing business with this company. That kind of behaviour is inexcusable.

All the best.

Brownlow

Darn. I can't edit that now. Seemed a little harsh. I didn't mean anything against you SY. You're just doing your job on the forum as a moderator as you felt necessary, and I understand that.

Anyway..

"...others packed up U-Hauls with gear. Here, Rocky Mountain Audio Fest promoter and organizer Ron Welborne of Welborne Labs and wife Dana pack it up."
http://www.symposiumusa.com/RMAF17.html

The person I just talked to on the phone was him, and I think that's quite obvious. So, he IS in Tucson. And that address in my removed post was his.

Someone look up Ron Welborne in Arizona and take down his address.. and that's all I'll say here.
Now, contact law enforcement and do something about it.

BHTX said:
Darn. I can't edit that now. Seemed a little harsh. I didn't mean anything against you SY. You're just doing your job on the forum as a moderator as you felt necessary, and I understand that.

Anyway..

"...others packed up U-Hauls with gear. Here, Rocky Mountain Audio Fest promoter and organizer Ron Welborne of Welborne Labs and wife Dana pack it up."
http://www.symposiumusa.com/RMAF17.html

The person I just talked to on the phone was him, and I think that's quite obvious. So, he IS in Tucson. And that address in my removed post was his.

Someone look up Ron Welborne in Arizona and take down his address.. and that's all I'll say here.
Now, contact law enforcement and do something about it.

you found his tel no. That's great, I liked your previous post, we only want whats rightfully ours (as you said) I want to speak with him and find out whats going on, the same thing that you would want with any company. If Dixons (a consumer store in the uk) took my credit card in the shop, and then said. Right sir if you would like to go home now with no TV! we will contact you, maybe, maybe not. If this were the case, they would be in court in 5 mins flat.

:D :devilr:

If the guys business isn't incorporated the no matter what he does he can legally be healed liable for what he has done.

If his business is incorporated them all he would have to do is change the name of his business and he gets off scott free.

But he hasn't changed the name of his business. You can call him and tell him to either ship the items you have bought or your lawyer will be in contact with him.

I bet he will ship them. And if he doesn't it usually doesn't cost much to have a lawyer draft a letter to send to him.
I want to say 200 dollars is about normal. He would know you mean business

So for you all who bought amp kits costing many hundreds of dollars this would be my suggestion.

Assuming you still have you invoice or other proof that you payed for the item.

Thats what I would do aseptically if he ripped me off of 500 bucks. Shoot I would do it even for 100 dollars just on a matter of principal alone.

I do not stand for anyone stealing from me and I take any legal recourse I can.

Just my 2 cents,

Nick :drink:
So smokem if you got um

Not much. If you use a credit card it goes through paypal and you lose the ability to go after the person who took your money

When you are talking about a individual who is not truly in business all you can do is small claims court. I am not sure if you have to go to a court where they live or not though.
9 times out of ten though the following phrase applies though.
You you can't get blood from a turnipe.

A business is a bit diffrent. The first to do if you don't wait to long and if you used a credit card is contact credit card company. They will do it for you or have you sign a apadavid. Basically You are signing a legal document saying they stoled your money.

The tricky thing is you can't wait to long.

But unfortunately with ebay you are up a creek without a paddle.

Nick

How am I to send him something from a lawyer, I have no address for him and no currant phone #? I live in Canada which makes it a little more difficult. Maybe all of us ripped off could pool together to hire a lawyer that lives in welbornes state, wherever that is? In the meantime I have emailed Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) and have posted my experiance along with others. Next step I am going to email all the manufactures and companys that supply welborne and tell them my story and links to others, maybe they will think twice about supplying welborn with their products.

kirbyt said:
How am I to send him something from a lawyer, I have no address for him and no currant phone #? I live in Canada which makes it a little more difficult. Maybe all of us ripped off could pool together to hire a lawyer that lives in welbornes state, wherever that is? In the meantime I have emailed Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) and have posted my experiance along with others. Next step I am going to email all the manufactures and companys that supply welborne and tell them my story and links to others, maybe they will think twice about supplying welborn with their products.

Whatever you do along these lines, you HAVE to provide ONLY FACTS. No hearsay, supposition, etc. only facts supported by documentary evidence.

Otherwise it will be you in court on libel and deformation charges !!

apadavid
currant
stoled
deformation charges

man thanks for the chuckles...

Attachments

• 1191862800-1188662499748_b.jpg
    1191862800-1188662499748_b.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 801
So what can be done to privates

You mean to his "privates?"...thats worth consideration in this case...

BTW - if you pay through paypal, you can enter a claim for the money to be refunded, as no goods have been received in return for payment.

I had to do this once for ebay purchases (>400 transactions). So - don't **** on ebay, its usually better than some disgruntled -or incompetent - purchasers and sellers maintain.

audio-kraut said:

BTW - if you pay through paypal, you can enter a claim for the money to be refunded, as no goods have been received in return for payment.

I had to do this once for ebay purchases (>400 transactions). So - don't **** on ebay, its usually better than some disgruntled -or incompetent - purchasers and sellers maintain.

I've been screwed on eBay transactions more than once.. one time with an $850 transaction. After well over a year of trying, their BS 'system' got me no where. IC3 didn't get me anywhere either. A guy just finally called my house and said the theif was supposedly in jail for other fraud, and that there was nothing I could do. I later came across the guy's name who called me via internet searches, and it turned out that he was a basically a thief as well, with A LOT of complaints. So, I doubt what I was told by that man was true. Before that, the local police of the area that the scammer lived wouldn't do anything to help me either. In fact, I was treated very rudely. I finally gave up and just had to let it go.

It's amazing what people can still get away with.
It's not like web based transactions are something new.

I've been screwed on eBay transactions more than once..

I am sorry for you, but have you considered that the fault may be partly with you - by purchasing from less reputable sellers?
I refuse to buy from

1. someone with more then 2% negative feedback
2. a newcomer when the item is more than 100$
3. someone who obviously describes the item incorrectly, doesn't name the model or manufacturer correctly and is unwilling to clear up his misspelling.
4. someone who as a seller does not have a paypal account.

I have been trading on ebay since about 2000.

You have to do a risk assessment.
I only pay with paypal so I can cancel the transaction through the very well working paypal dispute resolution.
So, with way over 40 000$ worth of ebay transactions, mostly as buyer, I have only about two cases worth about 100$ where I had to take a loss, and recovery was simply more time and agony than it was worth.

The only incident where the transaction was over 300$, the culprit was the mail service which was unable to forward the parcel correctly and it wound up back with the shipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.