Transistor Selection Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for a Bipolar transistor that is rated for at least 150vdc can handle 2.5watts with a gain of 100min.

I have looked at several of the usuals but it seems something with High VDC and a gain of 100 is a hard thing to do? I have found a couple but there 40+ watt devices in TO-220 cases and i am trying to keep the size small.

This is for a Switching application that will see variable DC with peaks as high as 130Vdc.

a TO-39 was about as big as i was hoping to see. smaller if possible.

I cant use fets as when the device is in low power mode. there inst enough voltage to turn on the gate of a fet. In low power mode the device triggers at 4v and we loose a little bit through the bridge and other components so there inst quite enough at the first switch to turn a Fet fully on.

The device will see pulses of 2.6 Watts @ 130V in full power mode.

I just recieved the hand drawn schematic last night. I will get it into proper format and see if i can get it posted here.

The 2SC4613 looks like a good candidate if its a currently available part.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.