Soldering Cardas Female RCA's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Just a thought here.....I purchased some Cardas RCA's for my most recent project and after looking at them I was alittle puzzled. They don't have a second connection point for the ground like some other RCAs I've used. It looks like you just wrap your ground conductor around the groove in the body and solder it. Comments anyone?

Regards,
Dan

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi Dan,

I agree that is what it looks like. However, and I don't know for sure, but that might require enough heat to do a job on the insulation between the center sleeve and the outside ground.

Maybe you can solder to one of the notches!

Good luck!

Regards//Keith

I use the Cardas, I solder to one notch. A good temperature controlled iron or a high wattage one is needed. It helps to loosen the mounting bolt while you solder.

There's enough mass that the connector stays very hot for a long time, watch out for finger burns.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.