Toggle Switch Guards??? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2007, 09:28 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
Zero Cool's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MN
Default Toggle Switch Guards???

Anyone know where to get toggle switch guards???

the items i am looking for are hard to describe. they are like a circle folded in half with the toggle switch handle in the middle. the sides bend outward to form side panels.

Anyone know what im trying to describe? I cant seem to find them at Digi or Jameco or apex.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 04:12 PM   #2
diyAudio Member
Zero Cool's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MN
This is what i am looking for!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumb.php.jpg (1.9 KB, 49 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 04:23 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
Algar_emi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Canada, Qc
Want to build a Saturn V capsule control panel

Yes, I saw them on military gear and old radar equipments.

You may need to get them from industrial or electrical distributor.

For example, I found at
catalogue page 830, toggle switch accessories, a switch guard, part No: 1143T1, $14.30 each. It fits big switch 15/32 hole.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 04:28 PM   #4
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member
Nordic's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Click the image to open in full size.

Should be easy enough to make with a piece of brass plate...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 04:55 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
theAnonymous1's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Anonymityville
These guards are nice, if not a bit pricey. There are quite a few different colors available.

Here are some white guards like you described. Equally pricey.
  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
b&k st-140 toggle switch replacement thezaman Solid State 4 11th August 2013 04:28 AM
toggle switch for input selector audio_moksha Parts 25 14th November 2008 07:29 PM
illuminated toggle switch schumpe Parts 6 3rd July 2007 05:33 PM
Looking for Toggle switch with longer bush Ralph Parts 0 5th November 2006 08:14 AM
toggle switch with LED on tip for t-amp mod? gychang Class D 4 18th September 2006 05:54 AM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:58 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2