Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 09:52 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
Join Date: May 2002
Location: oz
Default What is a AN132 in a mixmaster?

Hi All

I'm asking if anybody knows what a transistor with the only marking being AN132

Is this a BC132 ? or even a 2n132 ?
I haven't been able to find much info that makes sense on the net. jsut references to some AD ic's

Can any body help me resurrect my wife's mixmaster?

Many thanks in advance


Attached Images
File Type: jpg n132.jpg (34.8 KB, 47 views)
george a
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 01:20 PM   #2
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
This is a quite late response, but for what it's worth:

That device is a rotation monitor.
It needs to be right beside the rotating tail shaft stub of the armature motor otherwise the motor will run at full speed.
It appears to provide feedback to the rotation control circuit which in turn varies the output voltage through the triac output transistor by way of the potentiometer. The feedback device is designed to hold the rotation steady regardless of load.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 12:23 AM   #3
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lansing, Michigan
So maybe a Hall effect device?
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 12:31 AM   #4
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland,Oregon
Blog Entries: 4
Send a message via AIM to DigitalJunkie
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
So maybe a Hall effect device?
Sounds plausible to me,I notice that the component is marked "H1" next to it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 12:51 AM   #5
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
This is probably an equivalent:

WSH132 datasheet, Pinout ,application circuits Unipolar Hall Effect Switch IC
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 01:17 AM   #6
diyAudio Member
pheonix358's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stockport South Australia
After 2 1/2 years I think he either fixed it or tossed it! It's not likely he still needs the answer.

What we don't understand is called magic.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 02:19 AM   #7
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
True enough, but since I ran into a similar problem with a Mixmaster (actually it was a blown circuit trace and triac) I ran into this thread via google and felt compelled to provide an answer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 03:46 AM   #8
pjp is offline pjp  India
diyAudio Member
pjp's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: under the rainclouds
The stylised "A" is not part of the part number. Its the manufacturer's logo.
In this case, Allegro Micro.

Poke around on their website and look for a part marked N132.

This is a good place to "google" manufacturer's logos: http://www.dialelec.com/semiconductorlogos.html

Last edited by pjp; 7th September 2010 at 03:48 AM.
  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:16 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2