Need a some custom aluminum enclosures made

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have designed and made a power supply PCB and am looking for a box to put them into. It only needs to be maybe 6"x4"x2" max in size. I would want something made out of aluminum with all the holes cut to fit the power connector and various power outlets that it has. What would be the cheapest way to do this? I am looking to get around 10 of them made for now.

Chris

Hi,

That's why I was wondering where you were. The only place I know of is Lee's Electronics on mainstreet in Vancouver. It's a couple of doors north from Main Electronics. He directly imports aluminum cabinets and chassis from China and it is *impossible* to tell them apart from a Hammond in thickness, weight, feel and strength.... other than the Chinese ones are 50% less of the Hammond price.

RP Electronics behind Milestone's near the corner of the Lougheed hwy. and Willingdon in Burnaby also have some imported cabinets, but they only list the rackmounts on their site.

If you don't want to pull a 14 hour round-trip, you're stuck with mailorder. Take advantage of our high loonie and checkout BUD enclosures from Allied Electronics or Mouser or someone in the US. Canuck mailorder places aren't lowering their prices, they are still 30% to 150% higher than US dealers, so sticking with the US is your best bet. But do tell them to ship USPS only, otherwise they'll use a courier and you'll get stuck with a rediculous brokerage bill that will easily triple the cost of a small purchase.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.