|Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|21st November 2007, 02:16 PM||#1|
Barium titanate ultracapacitor claims
Reading some news on capacitor theme, i've noticed a claim, made by company EEStor on producing a 30F, 3600V capacitor, weighing 160kg, aimed at electric car market. Description tells about using selected size high purity barium titanate granules, coated in glass and aluminium oxide, as a dielectric with dielectric coefficient of over 30k. It was criticised, with following cons:
1. EEStor is delaying production of it's caps
2. EEstor is highly secretive about it's progress
3. Such a dielectric would polarise greatly, reducing effectiveness.
4. Coating would reduce dielectric constant greatly.
5. A patent on barium titanate caps has been issued in 1985, and it seems to be that some ceramic caps do indeed use it.
However, there are some pros.
1. Barium titanate hasn't been researched well until recent times.
2. Similar patents have been made by BASF, Panasonic, and Philips.
Here is BASF patent. Also, i have found a research on barium titanate, stating that particles of high purity and select size have a sharp increase in dielectric constant up to about 35k, while having extreme breakdown resistance, writtek just in 2005.
So, i'd like to ask, are there people having some familiarity with that info, and particularly, barium titanate itself? If this comes true, then the possibilities are quite miraculous..
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Barium Sound Deadening - How Effective Is It?||villeneuve||Multi-Way||8||4th July 2013 01:48 PM|
|B&W power claims||AndrewT||Everything Else||4||10th June 2009 09:07 PM|
|The joy of insurance claims:Need peerless CSX1452608 (x4)||KBK||Swap Meet||4||3rd June 2008 08:26 AM|
|Conflicting Design Claims - Is there really a right answer||jag||Multi-Way||15||12th September 2002 04:19 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|