Attaching Quotes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I feel really stupid for asking this, but how in heck do you attach a quote from another posting to the new one that I'm posting. What am I missing.:bawling:

I know I should know, and when I hear the answer I will be ashamed of myself for not knowing:blush:

What am I missing?:confused:

Thanks; Doug

Doug said:
I feel really stupid for asking this, but how in heck do you attach a quote from another posting to the new one that I'm posting. What am I missing.:bawling:

I know I should know, and when I hear the answer I will be ashamed of myself for not knowing:blush:

Thanks; Doug

You tick the little check box that says 'quote' that is located in the lower right hand corner of the post(s) that you wish to quote and click the 'post reply' button.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Doug said:

Thanks; Doug

Hi Doug

To do the above, simply click on the quote button at the bottom right of the message you wish to quote, then click on reply. This puts the content of that message in the reply box. It is good practice to then delete the bits of the quoted message that are not relevant. Then just go to the bottom of the message (after the QUOTE in square brackets) and type your reply ;)

Re: Re: Attaching Quotes

pinkmouse said:

Hi Doug

To do the above, simply click on the quote button at the bottom right of the message you wish to quote, then click on reply. This puts the content of that message in the reply box. It is good practice to then delete the bits of the quoted message that are not relevant. Then just go to the bottom of the message (after the QUOTE in square brackets) and type your reply ;)

Thanks guys;

Like I said, I just knew I would feel stupid when I heard the answer

:headbash: :blush:

I really am a quick learner.

Doug

Re: Re: Attaching Quotes

AudioFreak said:

You tick the little check box that says 'quote' that is located in the lower right hand corner of the post(s) that you wish to quote and click the 'post reply' button.

How many people quote multiple posts, if this is what the mod was intended for? It seems that the mod was a way to complicate things by adding an extra step. Couldn't the multiple quote option be added while keeping the old one step button?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.