lower impedance of ps transformers - audio quality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Newbie question:

How does lower output impedance of the transformer in power supply affects on sound quality of the audio power amplifier?

There will be two mono blocks with separate power supplies. So, initially one transformer per channel.

If there is more gain than trouble, would it be good to put two parallel transformers per channel instead of one per channel to get lower output impedance of the transformers... ?

I could get high quality E transformers carefully made by my request, so they could be identical (or almost identical ;).

The lower the inpedance of a transformer the higher the current capacity. A bigger transformer can reduce sag but only to a point. I would just go with a transformer that is able to supply twice the current you need, any more will just add weight.

Edit: For example if you have a 100ohm 100volt transformer it will be able to deliver 1 amp at 100 volts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.