Here's an interesting article link about the audio magazines.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Here's an interesting article link about the audio magazines.

Bye

Gaetan

Here is the link;

http://www.high-endaudio.com/magaz.html

An abstract of it;
-------
INTRODUCTION
One of the biggest disappointments I have had with the "audio world" in general is with the magazines, particularly the so-called "underground press". No other group; the manufacturers, retailers, or distributors, has let the average audiophile down as much.

The behavior of the audio press during the last 15 to 20 years or so is the worst "breach of trust" in our hobby/industry since it started more than 50 years ago. There is so much to criticize that I have had a difficult time even knowing where to begin, so I'll start with a discussion of the largest in circulation, and most famous magazine, Stereophile.

After that, I will focus on other magazines, some well known and some obscure, and various other subjects and considerations concerning publishing an audio magazine today. Special attention will be given to the actual "reviewers", who perform the most important function that the magazines are supposed to provide.

I will continue to edit and add material to this file as time and circumstances permit.
-------

SY said:
Nice plug for Steve Eddy in there, doing a thorough job of rooting out the BS.

Actually the real credit for the JPS Labs scandal goes to "rp1" who was the one who took his $400 power cord and decided to cut the heatshrink and Techflex off it to see what was underneath.

All I did was make a phone call to Eupen over in Europe to see if they were making custom power cords for JPS who was claiming their power cords came in analog and digital flavors with different filters molded into the plugs.

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.