Too quiet!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
grataku said:
Is it just me or this site is all of a sudden gone dead?
Are people too busy with their new XA boards or is the fear of terror and imminent war made everyone pack up their stereo and head for the caverns?
Yes, what has happend?
It can go half an hour between postings. :bawling:

If this goes on, I have to change into
doing soething else. Not to get bored.

It is slightly better on Sunday/Mondays. :cool:
------------------------------------------------
My guess is that the married men can not use the PC,
because their wifes has decided to use the PC
to write emails to eachother.

Those little men are put aside, like when the wifes
had decided to use the telephone - in them old days.
-----------------------------------------
And we all know how powerless a man is
compared with his woman. :D :D :D

/halo - :cool: happily rules his own life :cool: - likes to get more new posts to read
and react to

My thoughts ...

During the past couple of months, we have a lot of group orders going on and now that we got all ours parts, it would keep a lot of us busy for at least a couple of months. If it continue to have lack of posting here, it would mean that a lot of people are very successful in whatever they were building which also means that a lot of informations that were gathered here were very accurate and helpful.

I have always wondered why members don't post more at night or on the weekends. I have noticed that the most posting were done during the "business hours". The recent lack of posting here could be due to people losing jobs and they were no longer in front of the computer but rather out in the field looking for work.

Another possible reason could be people are running out of money to support this addictive hobby. I personally can't afford to build every projects that I'm interested in.

Members are taking a break (meaning turning off the computers) and finally sitting down to enjoy what they have built?

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
fcel said:
I have always wondered why members don't post more at night or on the weekends. I have noticed that the most posting were done during the "business hours"... The recent lack of posting here could be due to people losing jobs...

Don't you see the connection between your own two statements? Maybe they are out of a job and looking for work because they spent too much time at work posting here!! :D :D

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
fcel said:
My thoughts ...

During the past couple of months, we have a lot of group orders going on and now that we got all ours parts, it would keep a lot of us busy for at least a couple of months. If it continue to have lack of posting here, it would mean that a lot of people are very successful in whatever they were building which also means that a lot of informations that were gathered here were very accurate and helpful.
fcel,

You've got me pegged except when I'm not buying boards or resistors or stuff, I'm answering emails up the wazoo. I was sending emails last night at 1:00am your time!

Rodd Yamashita
PS: Hi Fred, Hi Gray.

Re: Re: Too quiet!

halojoy said:

Yes, what has happend?
It can go half an hour between postings. :bawling:
If this goes on, I have to change into
doing soething else. Not to get bored.
/halo - :cool: happily rules his own life :cool: - likes to get more new posts to read
and react to

Halo, since you live in Lycksele in north of Sweden, go out and ski! Don't sit in all day (and night) long! You have a great nature up there.

You could also do something yourself....

Picture of myself in Sweden. I saw also a couple of icebears....

Attachments

• 104_sarek025.jpg
    104_sarek025.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 234
Re: Re: Re: Re: Too quiet!

kelticwizard said:
A) Wasn't that picutre taken in the summer or fall? Isn't all of Sweden pretty much under snow right now?
B) You saw a couple of icebears? You sound pretty calm about that. Isn't that a rather dangerous situation?
A The picture is taken in July. The snow melts away in late August or September and the first snow come in September.... and yes the whole Sweden has snow right now and far up in the north they have over 1 meter (3.3 ft) snow.

B No, .... ice bears can you meet on Svalbard, Greenland (Alaska?) and Artic on the polar ice... ;)

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Too quiet!

Originally posted by peranders [in response to questions of danger of meeting an icebear]

B No, .... ice bears can you meet on Svalbard, Greenland (Alaska?) and Artic on the polar ice... ;)

Yes, but that doesn't mean that you can't get mauled and eaten by icebears in Svalbard, Greenland (Alaska?) and Artic on the polar ice...;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.