Commercial Postings on diyAudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Silence is golden

Magura said:

The star was the first caracter my finger incidentally landed on when i deleted my post and the editor wouldnt allow me to leave the post blank. So, no name calling or rectums or whatever, just a random caracter.

I deleted the post cause i realised that Peter is right and any further posting about this subject would be in vain.

That Peter was right was just proven by Fred himself :)

Magura:)

Wouldn't it be the second keystroke since you have to hit the shift key? Not quite as random. Now I am really confused about what it is that Peter was agreeing with........ you mention the word rectum
and trying to delete your post. What was in the post you were trying to delete, something even worse? If another post was in vain
why this one? What was Peter right about? That I am a random character. That can't be...... I am a character all the time, ask anybody. Since your post mentions nothing about an apology and nothing that logically indicates a denial, what is it? If it is another attempt to call me an a_ _hole without taking credit for it, it just proves my point about lacking the spine to take credit for it. Not once but now twice........ I don't expect to hear from you since "any further posting about this subject would be in vain." Besides I don't think you could come up with a way to call me an a_ _hole three times while denying ever doing it. Maybe someone can find their moderators hat and put me in the sin bin for daring to point out that some called me an a_ _ hole and a moderator who's hat was at the cleaners that day thought it was my appropriate to agree with him rather than moderate him. What exactly are moderators for again........?

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
well, I think a forum similar to the Trading Post. The General Store?

Any registered company or website- whatever could post but with software imposed limitations:

They would be allowed a certain number of characters

They could edit the post for the first half hour.

After that they couldn't t edit the post for a fixed period of time to keep people from reposting just to get on the top of the list - say a week.

When they make a new post, the previous post is automatically deleted.

After a length of time, there might be a charge to continuing to post. It could be reasonable, because there will probably be a lot of listers.

The advantages of this is that there aren't display ads all over DIY Audio, it performs a service, telling us about good deals available on parts that are relevent to current projects.
It gives people with small businesses such as Apex jr and Dipchip-APOX a place to promote their businesses.

Perhaps some of the bigger businesses or designers will take out space to support the site, and just to be able to tell people what their business does, and to have contact info.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
till said:
I think who runs a busieness in the audio sector should not be a moderator. To much risk he influences the board with his economical interests.

I would agree with that. Conflict of interest on its own isn't that big of a risk. Combining that with the power to execute will be a huge risk to the community at large.

While this may not happen, a person with a vested interest in this sector can be perceived to be biased. And we know perception is reality.

I would second till's view on this.

sam9 said:
Question: what would be the appropriate way for someone such at Peter Daniel, (or Rod Elliot before any of us had heard about him) to post something like "I have a new website that may be of interest to DIYers" ?

full disclosure.

I am OK to have commercial posts on any forum. As long as such posters clearly identify themselves, stating their invovement in the promotion. so people know the conflict of interest right there.

I would also charge a few to commercial posters for the previlige to promote their products here.

I am not a number..... I am a free man!

"Just to bring it to your attention, Fred, that the numeric keypad has an asterisk, second one from the right at the top of it."

You mean I've gone from being a ramdom keystoke to a being a random number?!

Attachments

• patrick7r.jpg
    patrick7r.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 290
Re: Random or not so random??

fdegrove said:
Hi,

Just to bring it to your attention, Fred, that the numeric keypad has an asterisk, second one from the right at the top of it.

Other than that, NO COMMENT.

Cheers,;)

Thanks Frank

Thats only on a european keyboard, the american keyboards are all messed up :D

Fred: I deleted my post simply because I dont like discussing anything at all with you when youre in your "I need a conflict" mood. Nothing more to it.

I see youd like to put words in my mouth, but thats not going to happen.

I respect you for your knowledge and abilities out in electronics, I prefer to see the Fred thats posting hints on this and that instead of what youre doing here, and thats where this thread ends from my side. I have no intentions getting into a conflict over something like this.

Magura:)

Did I miss something?

"Post #581

quote:
Originally posted by moe29
So Peter,

When i finish putting this kit together, is it going to turn my
Aleph 2's and 3 into amp stands?

Can't wait to have this amp in my setup.

I can't promise it will make other amps into stands. I just noticed those feedback letters today (regarding AMP-1) on AZ site: http://www.inthezonenet.com/linksgallery.htm
Integrated amp can be basically built from the same parts, so chances are it will sound close to Amp-1.

A direct link to product endorsements (in a thread about group buys for gain clone chassis?) and the URL for his commercial Website in the signature line for every post from Mr. Daniels........... Did Jason sell the DIYaudio website to Peter and I missed hearing about it? This is just embarassing that everyone sits around like this is perfectly acceptable. I wonder how the guys at Lumanlab feel about paying to support free advertising for Peter. I wonder how Brian feels about donating a portion of kit proceeds to the forum, again to subsidize Peters commercial endevors. I wonder how Per-Anders feels about getting his hand slapped for much less blatent offences than what Mr. Daniels seems to get away with routinely? At least P-A started his own forum instead of completely hijacking this one.

Jason, if you are actually still in charge, can we please have our forum back?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.