NEED HELP finding a job (Toronto) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st November 2007, 11:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default NEED HELP finding a job (Toronto)

(Hoping it's OK to post this here...)

Hi all,

I'm having a very horribly difficult time finding a decent job here in Toronto. The main issue being cursed with arthritis since my mid 20's (I'm still ~young too!).

It's well under control, and pretty much a non-issue other than having to be just careful not to physically overstress myself (standing over 1 hour becomes painful, have to be very careful with heavy lifting).

Since my condition is "invisible", employers tend to forget or not care after a very short while, and then soon criticize why I'm trying to sit down (retail had been the only quick interm gig for me; not at all suitable, if not more damaging).

As long as I can work while sitting (occasional standing and errands no problem!), I am 99.9% able to do just about everything! I'm great with computers, audio and multimedia technology, secure cash/data handling, teaching, photography and imaging, editing, design, data entry, and always like to try and learn new things. I learn new procedures and protocols FAST. Also incredibly reliable!

All I'm looking for is a basic first step. Something that I can show my abilities, and that has the room progress into something rewarding long-term, and have respect. Pay needs to be realistic; something I can survive on (rent, food, transportation, and hopefully some savings).

Hoping that with diyA's amazing circle of peers, there is a chance for help.

If you are someone, or know someone that can help, please forward the information to my email address @

---> pq1pq2 (atmark) yahoo (dot) com

I can meet up most anytime. I'm very easy to talk to/work with, and can start work right away.

Will be very grateful.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Old 22nd May 2011, 03:37 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

There are a ton of Toronto jobs that need to be filled. Thirty Thousand at Jobs Toronto - All Toronto jobs one location, Search today! , other places to look for employment includes Job Search Canada | Employment Opportunities Site | Find & Post Jobs Online or Search Jobs in Canada. Find a New Career. Get Employed. | Workopolis. If you have no skills take a no skill job. If you want a job that requires skills, go back to school. Before taking a skills upgrade course, do a market survey to make sure employment will be available after graduation.

Good Luck
Old 22nd May 2011, 05:43 AM   #3
nezbleu is offline nezbleu  Canada
diyAudio Member

What does "great with computers" mean in this context? Do you have work experience in an enterprise operations setting? Do you program? What platforms are you comfortable with? If you have some actual computer skills, are you willing to re-locate?
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:24 AM   #4
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
guys, this post is 5 years old and he hasn't been on the forum in almost a year.

Hide this!Advertise here!