Linkwitz lecture in London Nov 13th

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can't offer any photos, just a ringing endorsement of the lecture. The content and delivery were very accessible and down to earth, and filled in a couple of gaps in my understanding (as a speaker building amateur).

People of Linkwitz's stature can sometimes be a little bit matter-of-fact, but he came across as very open minded and interested in any discussion, and very willing to answer questions.

In short - well worth the time for a trip to London... even if I did get a massive fine 'cause the parking machines where I left the car weren't working :bawling:.

Hi Sploo et al, yes I have to agree the lecture was refreshing and simple to follow and digest. I was half expecting to get lost in maths and graphs but he made the content seem obvious without really trying. I'll defintely be down there for the next one...

As those that came for a drink after might tell I was more perplexed by the £1 per half pint vs £3.20 for a pint than anything in the lecture ;)

I hope you're planning on contesting that parking ticket!

PM, keep in mind that idea of a demo CD...

Vikash said:
Hi Sploo et al, yes I have to agree the lecture was refreshing and simple to follow and digest. I was half expecting to get lost in maths and graphs but he made the content seem obvious without really trying. I'll defintely be down there for the next one...

Yes, given the detail on his website, I was worried I might get a bit baffled. The way he presented the lecture was very good - more a discussion of the current issues, pointing out areas you should consider/go and learn more about if you're interested.

I think it's one of the greatest skills of a speaker who is 'well versed' in his art to be able to get across complex issues in a way the layman can understand.

Vikash said:
As those that came for a drink after might tell I was more perplexed by the �1 per half pint vs �3.20 for a pint than anything in the lecture ;)

*LOL* Weird. You should have asked for two half pints in a pint glass. :D

Vikash said:
I hope you're planning on contesting that parking ticket!

Already in progress. Though I've not been having a good couple of weeks; My dust extractor died (after 13 months of light usage) and the distributor are being more than incompetent with it. Frankly, I'm so p*ssed off at the moment I'm considering doing a write up of the details on this site - partly to warn people about buying their kit, partly to vent my spleen. It's rare I get sufficiently annoyed with someone to be bothered to write a public criticism, but these people have seriously wasted my time!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.