Linkwitz lecture in London Nov 13th - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd November 2007, 02:08 AM   #11
Vikash is offline Vikash  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Linkwitz lecture in London Nov 13

Quote:
Originally posted by Tosh
Hope to meet some of you at this lecture! I've been playing around with some slightly modified styles for Orion and Pluto in SolidWorks 3D CAD, and I'd love to brainstorm with you guys. (Hello, Vikash?) Perhaps we can organize proper introductions for diyAudio members before the lecture?

Link to AES events
Hi!

I'd be intersted in seeing/discussing Orions and mods especially 3D models in SolidWorks.

Funny I just noticed this thread - SL briefly considered using my Orions to demo with his lecture but for the logstics of me getting them there, and the time allocated for the lecture I think.

EC8010 and PM, if you're ever passing MK then you're welcome to have another listen and a beer or several now that I've got the basics right ( but still xbox as source PM )...I think it's finally delivering the hype in its new setup. I may even see you guys on th 13th, although travelling into London is a royal pain...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orion.jpg (51.1 KB, 316 views)
"The human mind is so constituted that it colours with its own previous conceptions any new notion that presents itself for acceptance." - J. Wilhelm. (But I still think mine sounds better than yours.)
Old 3rd November 2007, 06:55 AM   #12
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: Re: Linkwitz lecture in London Nov 13

Quote:
Originally posted by Vikash
... but still xbox as source PM...
I'll bring my iBook...
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 8th November 2007, 08:04 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quick roll-call, how many of you are thinking of attending and will there be a sneaky pub visit after? :-)

Have been downloading and listening to the older lectures, some great guest speakers there, shame about the 32Kbps MP3 sound, its hard to make out some parts, listening while driving to work

cheers,

Len.
Old 8th November 2007, 08:23 PM   #14
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom

I hope to get on the bike and ride up there and back...
Old 9th November 2007, 05:19 PM   #15
diyAudio Moderator

Will be there.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 9th November 2007, 10:53 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

I'll be there!

And I'm up for a sneaky pub visit afterward (and/or beforehand).

Vikash, anything we can do to make the trip less of a pain? Offer parking outside the C-zone?
Old 12th November 2007, 10:22 AM   #17
Vikash is offline Vikash  United Kingdom

I've penciled it in. YGM Tosh.
"The human mind is so constituted that it colours with its own previous conceptions any new notion that presents itself for acceptance." - J. Wilhelm. (But I still think mine sounds better than yours.)
Old 12th November 2007, 10:26 AM   #18
nickds1 is offline nickds1  England
diyAudio Member

FWIW, although none of you know me, I'll probably be there...
Old 12th November 2007, 09:30 PM   #19
diyAudio Moderator

I'll be getting there for about 6:45, and I have fetching strawberry blonde hair and beard. I'm certainly up for a pint afterwards.
Old 12th November 2007, 09:41 PM   #20
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom

Default Winter biking's fine, honest.

I've filled the tank with fuel, dug out my warmest gloves, and have the "London bike lock" handy. All I need is dry, not too cold weather, and to be not too tired tomorrow afternoon. I'll be the Mad Max lookalike (hunkier than Mel, of course), but shivering. Closer to "Lapchik the Mad Hungarian" from the "Gumball Rally", really.

Hide this!Advertise here!