Beer and subs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys, my friend and i are planning to build an "all-in-one party boombox"

in other words, we want to take a nice big box, use the top for a table and put speakers, amps, cd player etc inside the box.

it would also be great to shove a cooler box in there so us guys by the BBQ can get to cold beers with ease.

i am just wondering if the sub vibrations will affect the beers in the cooler box - i REALLY don't want exploding beers!!!

well it is going to be quite big because the top will be used as a table (for drinks, meat, chips etc). the plan is to make it just small enough to fit in the back seat of a car.

for sound we have one JVC 12" sub ( its a car sub, but its all we got), and an old car radio with 12 cd changer - the cd changer still works well, just as long as it stays upright and doesn't get knocked too hard :) i am still looking around for an amp for the 12".

I am also a bit weary of the liquor being so close to the sound system - i might have to try and "splash-proof" it.

i really want to try and keep everything together as one piece - but if i cant then i will just have to live with it

Lol it is a little off topic, but as a kid, I worked at Backsberg cellars for pocket money. They did not only make wine, but also champagne, in the Method de champenois (sp.)...

Sometimes I had to go fetch wine from the freezer room for the tasteing venue... This room was dead centre in one aisle between the champagne bottles. On one such a trip ... while inside the room, I heard a noise outside.

I opened the door to find one of the bottles exploded so hard it lodged pieces of glass into the wood.... I made a point of moveing very fast past those bottles from there on..

gees if i could get this boombox to 170+ db's i wouldn't waste it on keeping beers cold - id use it to keep the whole neighbourhood awake!!

Nordic - thats EXACTLY what i don't want to happen in my cooler box, im way too young to die!!

i had an idea of making the woofer box seperate, but with a space in the "party box" so everthing is still together when its in transit.

Yes the sound will destroy your beer :) .
When the store you buy your beer doesnt handle it with care you can taste it.
Beer that bumped in the store tastes different (so you don't want to put it next to a woofer or you'll be serving *dead* beer at the end of the evening) .

Nazdrowie ;)

so it seems it will be better to get a cooler box and put it NEXT to the boombox :)

i still want to have the cd player in the same box as the woofer - i will just have to test it before making any permanent installations.

and i found an old 4 channel sound to light - i think i will stick that in the box instead of a cooler box.

heh - heh - heh. don't worry, i like quality over quantity, plus i don't have too much cash for massive amps:D

As for a modular system, well we kinda had that for a while (2 speakers + amp) but the wires get irritating and its also more of a mission to pack up, especially after a few drinks:clown: :clown:

i want to build a chip amp for the sub, any1 have a recommendation for which chip to use?? the sub is a 12 inch JVC car sub, single voice coil 4ohm 750W. i don't need an amp to blow the sub to pieces (although that would be nice), just something to give it a nice kick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.