Noob Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a set of Klipsch 5.1 Promedia speakers plugged into an X-Fi Extreme Music sound-card in my computer.

I am planning on purchasing a pair of Event TR-5 Near-Field Studio Monitors for work mixing dialog, music score and sound FXs...

I plan on using my Tascam US-122 mixer/interface as a digital to analog converter and plug the Event TR-5 speakers to the RCA output on in.

I was wondering if there would be a way to allow for my ProMedia subwoofer and possibly center and rear channels to work at the same time... I seriously doubt that this would be a good idea for mixing mainly because the ProMedias are far from giving a flat response. But what the heck... I figured I'd post it here and see what you guys might have to say about it.

simple. Plug your rear speakers into the rear port on the x-fi, and your center/sub cable into the center/sub port. Run the front channel from your x-fi to your other speakers, and just leave the front speakers to the klipsch's unplugged.

By the way, I have the same sound card. Are you running xp or vista? I'm running vista , and am having a low level hum ( like when you touch the input to your amp while its on.) I can't figure it out , my audigy 2zs didn't do that.

Sorry don't mean to thread jack, but I was wondering how your experience with the card has been.

I do things like that! There are a few of ways to do this:

1) Connet the jacks of your 5.1 system to rear and centre/sub, as has been said.

2) If your card has optical output, connect your d/a convertor to that, and use your 5.1 system on the analog channels.

3) Install a second sound card - one for your monitors, and one for your 5.1 system.

I used no 1 for connecting some Akai speakers for the front, and part of my altec lansing 5.1 system for rear and sub.
However, using method no2, you will probably get better sound through your monitors, as optical is always better (that is presuming your tascam da convertor has optical in.

Hope this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.