The Burning Amp Festival-Burning Gadgets Preview - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2007, 05:30 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

To Variac - what I have in TTs right now is nothing really too special. My main one is a Kenwood KD2055 with a Grado Gold. I'm reluctant to budge it from the living room. If I do bring a TT, it'll probably be my old Technics SL-DL1 linear tracker with a Grado Black, a solid but proletarian performer. Also, given the rough-and -ready field situation, a whole lot less likely to screw up someone's vinyl.
Old 11th October 2007, 05:50 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Yes of course. I forgot about RAID completely !
Drives are pretty cheap here also ( relatively speaking ). 160 Gb is about $60/- , and 320 Gb for $90/- . 500 is available but I'm not sure how much it costs .

You guys have a fantastic collection of DIY equipment for the 'meet'. Feel terrible that I can't make it this time.

I notice the expenses are still not covered completely . Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Cheers,
Ashok.
Old 11th October 2007, 03:42 PM   #23
gl is offline gl  United States
diyAudio Member

As my entry in the guest list states, I am still not certain if I can be there. If I am then I will be bringing my Aleph-X 100W monoblocks. Here is the thread describing them:

AX100 100W Aleph-X Monoblocks

I realize that the original Aleph-X is now becoming old news but it's a circuit/project that still has a large following and still generates considerable interest. I have told AR2 that I don't really need to be on the schedule and that I'm happy to bring them as a static display. However, someone else may be interested in listening.

Cheers,
Graeme
Old 11th October 2007, 05:07 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Oh yes and I will bring a *very static* work-in-progress - a UGS front-end / UCD700AD back-end hybrid amp module. Just as a conversation piece.

Graeme
Old 11th October 2007, 05:40 PM   #25
Variac is online now Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

I haven't ever heard an Aleph!!! Let alone an Aleph X..
Please bring them I will stick them into a system so that they can be auditioned.

Nelson seems to still hold them in high regard, and the mini aleph is still a popular project! I like your open type amp construction with a twist--unusual heatsinks... You will know what I mean when you see my F4.

Speaking of Nelson, Are you driving down with him? It would be very helpful if you can confirm your attendance so I can place your amp..

Variac..
Old 11th October 2007, 06:10 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Hi Variac,

Wow. Your enthusiasm is infectious and your encouragement will fuel my efforts to make this happen. Thank you.

Regarding Nelson; I have heard from him indirectly but I need to email him to explore the possibility of driving down together. I don't know his schedule or whether or not he has other plans for the trip. This possibility only came up yesterday. He is at the RMAF and may be hard to get in touch with. I've heard he's bringing lots of stuff so there may not be room.

Cheers,
Graeme
Old 11th October 2007, 07:02 PM   #27
Variac is online now Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

He's planning to arrive at 8 AM Sunday. I wonder what godforsaken hour you guys will have to leave in the morning from that thar hill country. You do the math..

He will be arriving with a bunch of toroid transformers, heatsinks, etc, like an Audio Fanatic Santie Claus, so maybe there is a space problem, but he mentioned somehing about a "pickup" and he mentioned that you would prob be coming...
Old 11th October 2007, 07:35 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

The main part of the drive is 3 hours give or take. But it is early Sunday morning which helps a lot.

Graeme
Old 11th October 2007, 07:55 PM   #29
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Mark,
Too bad Nelson wasn't dropping down on Saturday. Even evening. It would be great to get a chance to meet him without the rush of the show.

-Chris
Old 11th October 2007, 08:36 PM   #30
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by anatech
Hi Mark,
Too bad Nelson wasn't dropping down on Saturday. Even evening. It would be great to get a chance to meet him without the rush of the show.

-Chris

ask him ;

I can't .

Hide this!Advertise here!