The Burning Amp Festival-Burning Gadgets Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:clown:

well ........ I just received confirmation from AR2 that little :Pumpkin: pcbs arrived to SF in very last moment ..........
I'm lucky SOB , as AR2 called me in a e-mail hehe
what certainly didn't arrived in SF along with main :Pumpkin: pcbs are The Shunty pcbs ....... combined series -shunt reg pcbs , intended for :Pumpkin: package from early start ......... but- unfortunately , from various subjective and objective reasons, Shunty wasn't finished in manageable time for sending it to BAF

I declare ( modestly,as always ;) ) that :Pumpkin: must work light yrs better complemented with Shunty ..........

anyway , there are few fresh piccies of Shunty here , where else.........

Variac said...
That Half Nelson, seemed pretty fine sounding to me...

Variac - that's because it was running off a bench supply - running off the toroid on board, one gets the transcendental 120Hz hmmmmm. The reason for the poor line rejection was obvious, once I had time to actually sit down and think on Monday. It'll be fixed soon, one way or the other. I'm looking at variations that have better line rejection. It would be nice to find a way to incorporate some of the Lovotech JFETs that Nelson poured into my hand at BA, but that may have to wait for another circuit.

I was joking with some of the list members at BA that this was a "toilet time" circuit, scribbled on a pad of paper while contemplating the stall walls (that's how it started, really...). Some more toilet time will be require to perfect things. I was also talking today with a colleage at work (he really wanted to come to BA, he even lives in SF, but he had a FO - married folks will understand) about creative options for heat sink anodizing, especially regarding the Half Nelson - I was thinking of a black piano finish base with gold anodize on the heatsink, mounting pillars, and switch/output plates if the final circuit works well enough to justify some extra TLC.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi wrenchone,
I'm sorry I missed hearing your amp. I missed most demonstrations really, oh well. Better luck next time for me. I got a laugh out of your name, the "Half Nelson".

Hey Magura,
Your knobs were a hit around our household. Your are a true artist! Love them. One of the wood bits came off, so I'll have to reglue it. What type of glue did you use?

I am truly, one of the very lucky ones to have received a set of these knobs. Now to find a worthy project!!

-Chris

PSz. said:
Photos would have a difficult time capturing the insanity of those attenuators. Can't wait to see 'em finished...

psz.

Zen Mod said:

You're quite right when saying that photos just don't relly show what this is....my mistake was to not ask Vladimir to make a couple of pics back then, as he sure could have shown much more than I will be able to.

Nevertheless I will try posting a couple of pics one of the nearest days. I am at my GF's place now, so it wo´n't happen till <I get back home.

Magura :)

anatech said:

Hey Magura,
Your knobs were a hit around our household. Your are a true artist! Love them. One of the wood bits came off, so I'll have to reglue it. What type of glue did you use?

I am truly, one of the very lucky ones to have received a set of these knobs. Now to find a worthy project!!

-Chris

So what you're saying is that you broke it? ;)

Well, superglue will do the trick, just clean the surfaces up with acetone.

Now I look forward to see 4 projects :D

Magura :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Morten,
You set a very high bar for me with those knobs. They are amazing!

They deserve the very best in performance and cosmetics.

-Chris

Attachments

• picture 069 (medium).jpg
    picture 069 (medium).jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 227
Status
Not open for further replies.