switch between two amp-inputs, multiple channels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I want to build a footswitch that allows me to do the following:

4 input channels (mono, left-right from two keyboards)
8 output channels (idem, but twice) 4 A and 4 B
switch to select A or B
prevent popping, humming, and other unwanted sounds while switching

I have searched the internet for schematics without much success. How should i built one of these? what parts do i need?

I have soldering experience, but limited electronics knowledge.

I have added a drawing of what i want.

thanks for your advice.

Gazzary

Attachments

• footswitch.jpeg
    footswitch.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 69
Hi,
signal relays would do it, but probably need care to avoid clicking due to DC on the unconnected poles of the switches.
Try experimenting with a single channel feeding two outputs that are connected up. Switch over with a toggle or similar controlling a single relay and listen if that is acceptable. I suspect not and need a bit of development.

A long search yielded, but how

A long search yielded the schematic on http://www.tubefreak.com/customab.htm. This is a schematic for a one - to - two channel setup. I think this will probably work (but still have to try).

I would like to 'multiply' this setup by superimposing 4 of these, all connected to the same battery and switch. Can i do that or do i have to include diodes of some (which?) sort to prevent unwanted currents?

Also, if i do this 4 times, will the 9Vbattery still support that (for at least 6 hours...)?

Any feedback on this schematic and the plausibility of it working for what i want to do is very welcome.

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,

Willem Kossen

That circuit does not solve the problem of an audible click on changeover if a small DC voltage has built up on the unused output.
It is just a relay switched change over.

But, try it to see how good/bad it is.
You may be able to tolerate the click if the audience cannot hear it for the noise coming through.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.