Protel Viewer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When Protel introduced their windows version, they used to make the DOS version available as freeware. Then when they introduced their later version (Protel 99), they made the old windows version (2.8, I think) available for freeware.

They don't seem to do this anymore. The closest thing I found was a Altium viewer, but I don't know if it will support the old file formats:

http://www.altium.com/Evaluate/DemoCenter/MovingfromProtel99SE/FreeViewerVersion/

You can also do an internet search to see if some other site still has the Protel download still available as freeware. Good luck.

Hi, Chacal,

The valveaudio.tripod.com is a free service website (tripod based), I made it long-long time ago.
The files in .pdf (protel format) are not schematics, they are PCB drawings. Unfortunately, I don't have any schematic/documentations for those PCBs. The schematics must be reverse-drawn from the PCB itself.

Yes, like Mr. Hansen said, you can view these files with protel 2.7 or Protel DXP / Altium, they have import option for older protel files. This DXP is actually nice, it is a complete PCB/Schematic drawing/viewer, simulator with quite complete component model library from various manufacturer

Hi, Jacco, have you check your email?

I tried to open these files with latest version of Altium Designer 6
(6.7.9346) industrial version - It able to convert an old protel doc`s to modern formats, than open converted files for editing, printing PCB artworks etc. Of course all other goods like SPICE simulation, gaint library of components, 3D preview, etc. are inside. It even able to simulate valve amp`s.
If you have some free space on your hard drive it`s good idea to try...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.