How cool, Jean-Paul is back!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi Grataku,

Thanks for the welcome ! I wish it were true about curing all things with BG's ;) Still like em very much, just received a new batch for my Gainclone to be. BTW, the forum seems pretty busy building Gainclones, aint it ?
In a short time people won't recognise discrete transistors anymore :D

regards,

Jean-Paul

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello Hugo,

What's a border line indeed ? I like Belgium very much and I like to spend time by hiking in the Ardennes. And Bruxelles/ Brussels is in my heart. What a city ! It was the first time I felt a metropolic sense so close to home. The language barrier is a difficult thing to swallow for most of the Dutch. Most tend to stick with the Flemish because of the fact they practically speak the same language ( read: they speak better dutch than the dutch speak themselves ) but I don't care as both the Flemish and the Wallons have their merits. It's quite interesting how two so different cultures have to live together. Seems like a marriage with temperament... For some reason I think Frank will post in a short time ;)

I am not so sure if you can learn something from me though :D

Regards,

Jean-Paul

Hello Jean-Paul

Hi Jean-Paul,

Good to hear from you.
I saw a post in another forum (AudioAsylum, I think). You were saying that you order stuff from Bergsoft, how are they? Do they just deal with companies? Can you order from them in small quantities?

Thanks,

Jarno.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello Jarno,

Bergsoft is a small company that sells to companies but is one of the very few that still likes to sell to DIY ers. This fact is reason enough for me to go there. They sell small quantities if the parts have to be sent in the Netherlands or nearby.
Since the company is around the corner for me I go there often for my parts. Not expensive and most of the time prepared to order the more unusual ( audio ) stuff. They stock Beyschlag metal film resistors, BCcomponents electrolytics, LM1086-ADJ and the like for the industry.
It may help if you know the distributor of the more unusual part you need.

Regards,

Jean-Paul

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Ooops, forgot the - in Jean Paul

Try again: Jean-Paul

Is this your real name?
Sounds very Français.;)

One day we where visiting friends in Friesland.
The day we left them was a Sunday and we liked to give some flowers to our friends before we left, but couldn't find any shop to bye them.
So we "stole" a few Tulips along the road somewhere.
While doing that, all cars that saw us taking those flowers started to claxonate (not the right word, you know, tutteren) like mad.
This social control is not thinkable in Belgium.
That's a part of the Netherlands I dislike.
Anyway, we had our Tulips!! :goodbad:

/Hugo - Likes Jean-Paul better then Black-Gate
:devily: :goodbad:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello Hugo,

It is my real name, I have nothing to hide. The social control you're referring to can be a good thing since theft is not raising your or our culture, is it ? It is however becoming lesser and lesser and yes it is possible nowadays that people die in their homes and nobody notices it. To me a bit of social control can be beneficial in that context. Not to forget the cases of sexual abuse of children your and my country had ( and have ) to cope with. If people would look a bit more after eachother and eachothers children such things ( not all of course ) can be prevented I think. Maybe I am too naive but life won't change for the worse with some social control !
It can be too close and very annoying like policemen ordering people to walk if their bicycle lights aren't working ! In Belgium people are a lot more fond of their privacy. Live and let live is the way of life over there. I can understand that but it has it's drawbacks as well. We'll avoid the subject of the national cuisine, OK ? ;)

I remember a policeman telling my parents I could not work for the government anymore when I was caught driving a moped when I was 15. Boy oh boy, makes one think of Kafka.

/Jean-Paul- that doesn't mind the tulips.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
PASS THE DUTCHIE...

Hello there...

First and foremost...good to see to you back on the forum J.P.:)

As for the ability to learn and correctly pronounce different languages...
Well,here is what we were taught at the interpretorschool;

Flanders has always been the battlefield of Europe for centuries in a row.
Almost any nation of importance fought at least one major battle in our plains...naturally some of these soldiers stuck around and had an impact on our already oppressed culture.

For many years after the foundation in 1830 of the Belgian state education was only available to the "bourgois" and was given in french.

To give a striking example: my parents had to do all their studies in french and as a kid I had french as a second language at the age of 10 already.

All of this may go some way to explain why the Flemish,along with the Swiss provide for the majority of interpretors throughout Europe...

As for the cuisine....paradise is right here guys,;)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi Craig,

You mean cycling in the sense of mountain biking ? I wish it were my hobby. To me bicycles are a means of transport that comes handy in the crowded traffic of today. Seems a nice hobby, I always run into those hardcore cyclists covered with mud when hiking in the woods in Belgium. Looks like motorcross without an engine :clown: Better for health and the environment ;)

Jean-Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.