How to get licence in ontario ? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th August 2007, 04:51 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default How to get licence in ontario ?

does any one know what it takes to have dealer (white plate) or service (yellow plate) in ontario where do you apply for dealer licence ?
Old 26th August 2007, 04:58 AM   #2
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Boris,
Assuming you have your business lic. and your tax numbers, you would apply to the Ministry of Transportation and Communications. The Ministry of Total Confusion as we call it.

Here is one document http://pdftohtml.ganjalinux.org/pdf2...2520plates.pdf

I simply Googled a search http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...cr%3DcountryCA

I'm sure you could refine the search criteria better than I did. My wife is the internet search queen.

-Chris
Old 26th August 2007, 05:17 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

where would i apply for business licence at MTO also ?
Old 26th August 2007, 05:34 AM   #4
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Boris,
Quote:
where would i apply for business licence at MTO also ?
Ahhhh, no.

Here is where the fun begins. I think the first thing to do would be to register your business and get a sales tax number. I don't know what other things are required. I did this in the early 80's, a long time ago and for and Electronics service firm. You may require proof of being bondable. It took me almost all day to get this one thing (business registration) done. You will need to pay for name searches, or just get a numbered company, operating as "NAME". You should search to avoid having to change the name you do business under. Selling cars as 356861057461 Ontario Limited (random) is not the best way to instill confidence with your customers. Also, incorporated or a Proprietorship (as you, a person). You will need to have a bank account at some point. Also, you need to get a GST license on top of that. Possibly Workman's Compensation depending on what you do. Insurance for sure.

My brother owns "AutoPark Superstore" with four locations now. I am a little familiar with what goes on.

You should have a business plan. Everyone seems to want to see that. The bank is your best friend unless you mess that up. Don't mess up the bank, whatever you do. See an accountant, a real one.

Google "starting a business in Ontario" and look for Ontario Government web sites. Do some digging to make your life easier, you can't go off half cocked.

-Chris
Old 26th August 2007, 11:11 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

thanks ill do some serching should be fun .......

Hide this!Advertise here!