getting my laptop operational?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Kp,
that was not a real question I think I was talking to myself.

I have downloaded the files again and copied them to the dvd +rw.

DVD auto loaded nero, copied but it didn't, tried again. format the DVD disc,
tried again.
erased the dvd disc
tried again.
test the disc, reports "locked by INcd" ?

go to sonic, format again. copy
yet again reports successful copy.
This time sonic sees the files.
But explorer can't/won't look in the dvd.
However the laptop sees the files.

forced the laptop to go to where I have the driver files disc.
re-install is looking for a *.inf file and sees 3 matching files.
I select each in turn and the next button is always greyed out. Seems to not be the file it is expecting to find.

Should the folder have a specific name? There are 21 files in "Network Driver" folder.

I am searching the web-site (the same where the drivers came from) I am missing some detail or this is one of those Hidden "Technical Issue Bulletins" that they keep quiet until someone needs help. Try them and I will keep looking! If you aren't watching here if I find something, I will email you!

I don't care how flat my head gets, this won't beat us!

Too bad I can't be there, sometimes that helps

Hi Andrew,

No matter how good we are at this or many days we spend, we can't get past faulty equipment. If you can, try Tech Support from the retailer who will either help or refer you to Toshiba directly. Hopefully, it is something stupid that I overlooked but I am getting the feeling that something is really wrong with the LAN adapter.

What a shame if that is the case.... so much time spent on a brick wall, my head hurts!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.