Machina Dynamica Snake Oil ????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
G.Kleinschmidt said:

Oh, I just meant non-technical people. To me, that situation showed that really thought-provoking technical discussions are a pretty fragile thing. The whole idea of being "truth-driven" is subtle and involves introspection and careful interaction. All it takes is one person with an agenda to destroy the whole thing. And multiple people, each with their own agenda? Fuhgettaboutit :).

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
andy_c said:

Oh, I just meant non-technical people. To me, that situation showed that really thought-provoking technical discussions are a pretty fragile thing. The whole idea of being "truth-driven" is subtle and involves introspection and careful interaction. All it takes is one person with an agenda to destroy the whole thing. And multiple people, each with their own agenda? Fuhgettaboutit :).

OK. I have to go now as I need to finish removing the ferrite filters from my mains leads. They are detrimental to sonics. I will also try cryo treating my latest PCBs - I used FR4, not teflon. Do you think my freezer will be cold enough?

:D

The reviewer at 6 Moons is so stoopid he doesn't know the difference between an LED and a laser. How credible can his review be?

Beware anyone who makes claims about quantum mechanics when talking about audio.

I_F
I post to this long dead thread because after a conversation with a friend I was looking for a specific amplifier review on that site. I am pretty sure I have a weblink to it buts its on a PC in England.
The amplifier, whatever marque it was looked fairly cool, not a slab and was not cheap, maybe $9,000. Anyway the reviewer stated that amplifiers cone type feet contributed to the sonic quality of the unit. I'm sure it was a solid state amp so no question of microphonics.

Last edited:
I post to this long dead thread

Do you have a reasonably transparent system? Do you hear differences between capacitors, resistors, wire?

In short: do you have at least moderately developed listening abilities?

If yes, there is no need to resurrect long dead threads, you can merely experiment with various footers under various pieces of electronics, not necessarily even active. You may be surprised.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.