Machina Dynamica Snake Oil ????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From what I remember - he is taken rather seriously at audiogon, and sells stuff there...he is also well represented at 6moons audio, and even receives rave reviews from some dutch reviewers.
The "creator" of such products, Geoff Kait, is rather serious about his stuff, according to some exchanges I have read in the past, and definetely does not consider himself a hoaxer.

some others: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue23/clock_nespa.htm
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?raccs&1172419182&read&3&4&
http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/shady/messages/2901.html

and a collection of Kait's white papers:

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Kait_Geoff_45262541.aspx

Ive never read anything like that 6 moons article before.. incredibly stupid. Absolute incredible and unadulterated BS!

'The regrettable recent demise of the Nespa's original inventor with whom we had an ongoing dialogue stopped our investigations short before getting his complete answer.'

How convenient, if anyone died on their part it was with laughter at 6moons.
What suckers.
Machina Dynamica.. HA joke!

Shocking.

Sy - no, not a hoaxer.

A hoaxer - according to my definition - tries to fool people into taking him seriously with his nonsensical claims.
When a hoaxer actually expects monetary return for his hoax - he turns into a fraudster, scammer or simply a crook.

BTW:
I’m beginning to think that Geoff Kait of Machina Dynamica just can’t be serious about his products, though I get angry letters from his fans who tout his items… But please visit machinadynamica.com/machina60.htm and see the latest flummery, a “Teleportation Tweak,” which is described as:

http://www.randi.org/joom/swift/swift/swift-november-23-2007-2.html

A photo flash solution.

OK, no flames please but I'd like to make a comment.
While this box is probably a hoax , it's supposed to expose the CD to a shower of photons ( right ?) which does whatever it's supposed to do.

So how come subjecting the CD to a photo flash cannot do the same job ? Why did they have to use exotic material ? ( if that really does what it's supposed to !)

Interesting. Time to investigate.

As for comments on this thread: Only a knob and an illiterate dismisses things out of hand.

You guys can play monkey at the pond (as in Space Odyssey: 2001) if you want, I think I'll trade in the football and pizza illiteracy rant I see here-for a working brain. It does not matter what degree or education you have or not, the ability to investigate is a huge benefit and closed minds fall behind - fast.

In that moment, I leave you in the dust, by having a mind open enough to investigate.

Ta Ta.

Note: this post was meant to infuriate. It goes to show you that you guys are judging via your backsides -- and not your skulls.

If you can't figure it out, then continue investigating. If I 'urinate off' 100 of you, and cause only one of you to reflect and use your brain - then I have done well. That kind of result is about the best that can be expected.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
KBK said:

If you can't figure it out, then continue investigating. If I 'urinate off' 100 of you, and cause only one of you to reflect and use your brain - then I have done well. That kind of result is about the best that can be expected.

Gee, thanks for "shaking us up". My brain is fully in gear and tells me only a person who is desperate to be ripped off would buy these "products"
My grandfather had an apt saying: "A better use of your money is to pay someone to kick you in the a$$.":)

Scott W,

Thanks for mentioning Peter Belt.
Among the audio wackos, Peter is pleasantly goofy.
Example:

Align the slots in all screw heads so that the slots are parallel to the earth's surface. ALL screws - screws fastening light switches to the wall, screws fastening AC power sockets to the wall, screws fastening shelves to the wall etc. Listen to some music for a short time and then move any of the screw slots away from being parallel to the earth's surface and see if you can listen to the same music with the same pleasure !!

ZAP

Re: A photo flash solution.

ashok said:
Why did they have to use exotic material ?

I can't see any exotic material, apart from the magic plastic card.

By the way, this one must take the prize for the best scam. Great customer comments:

"What I feel is a realignment of the Sonics within the Space that the musical envelope is trying to occupy in my room. I hear more of everything, but somehow differently. More Space!! - and it seems there is a lingering of the notes that fade into the space - a deep, ambient hall or recording space in the field I never knew existed in all of my familiar recordings. Bass extension is outrageous! -- now I see what I've been missing. One caveat might actually be a blessing: the body of information is wider, deeper and taller - simply "more of it," and this has me turning the volume down a shade from my normal level -- more dynamic range? ...Oh, yeah -- these clocks are staying in the system!" - Brent, Sept 2005

It even has a glowing review in positive feedback!

This man has a great scam going.

n that moment, I leave you in the dust, by having a mind open enough to investigate.

Some people open their mind so far that their brain falls out...

I guess the word "sceptical" is something foreign to your vocabulary.
Obvious bull like "wall covers" with antiresonant attitude does not need further investigation.
Some things can be dismissed as nonsense out of hand, requiring no further thought.

I.E.:
Magic pebbles
magic wall covers power outlets
telepathic conditioning

just a few samples.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.