Funny audio gear adds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
andy_c said:
This reminds me of an old song by Mercy Dee Walton called "Red Light". Here's an excerpt.

"I got a big red rooster,
a little yellow duck.
Put 'em together and watch 'em fight!"

Heheh.

And that reminds me of a short bit off one of Robin Williams' albums:

"Rick 'em! Rack 'em!
Rock 'em! Ruck 'em!
Get that ball and really fight!"

Wonder if Robin was a Mercy Dee Walton fan? :D

se

Switch the television on a commercial channel almost anywhere, prime time entertainment is usually about death and human suffering. Even browse the bestelling paperbacks in your local bookshop at the so-called literature about people harming other people.

It's sick how such things can be called entertainment when human beauty is considered obscene. I refuse to watch television about death and read those books because I consider it offensive, I won't stop others from doing what they wish and I'll look forward to the day when I can purchase harmless "entertainment" without a plain brown wrapper. :D

Yet I'm willing to accept the censorship of such things to allow people from countries with oppressive governments to participate in the forum without fear. In this world "free and open" communication has to come with compromises if everyone is to be included.

Now let's see some more funny advertisements!

I_F, I live in the US, and for some reason, I have no trouble finding nipples to look at. A short walk along any beach in California will satisfy even the most dedicated nipple-watcher.

The violence trope is very 1968. As the father of a 6 year old, I can attest that most of the cartoons I grew up with are now only shown in censored versions, with the funniest (i.e., most violent) parts excised. The old Road Runner cartoons are almost unrecognizable, and don't get me started on Droopy. The Three Stooges can't be found on any of the 500 channels available to me. I bought a few dozen of their shorts on DVD and the kid screams with laughter when Curly gets eye-poked or Larry gets his hair ripped out.

True, I can see very violent stuff on HBO (like the Sopranos). But hey, there's nipples there, too. Can't have violence without nipples, it appears.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.