Orcad/AutoTRAX EDA - free schematic capture/PCB designer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
John Shotsky, former product manager for Orcad's schematic capture and PCB
layout programs from 1994 to 2001 has joined AutoTRAX EDA Ltd.with the task
of making AutoTRAX EDA a world class PCB design tool.

John left Cadence in 1991 after the majority of the Orcad development team
were
layed off.

Cadence purchased Orcad in 1999.

This is a really exciting development which I believe will have a very
significant
impact on the EDA PCB software business in the coming years.

AutoTRAX EDA (Free schematic capture,simulation,layout,3D modeler)
integrates:
1. schematic capture
2. spice simulator ( an electronic workbench )
3. PCB layout
4. 3D modeling of parts and PCB
5. integrated RDMS of parts.

It is free and with NO limits whatsoever! Download from www.autotraxEDA.com

Ilija Kovacevic ilija@autotraxEDA.com

AutoTRAX EDA Ltd will be exhibiting at PCB West, San Jose in March,
www.pcbwest.com

Ilija Kovacevic

Free?

Hi Ilija,
I have just bought your AutotraxEDA software .
Is this the same as the free software that you had on the web earlier?
What did I pay the money for ? Sorry for being so direct.

I am particularly upset at having so many difficulties with the software . I have tried Beige Bag for drawing schematics and simulating them. I could do it very quickly and the learning curve was very fast. I never came across any hitches.

In Autotrax for example if I drag and drop "Vcc" it gives me a choice of just a few low voltages. Why? Why can it not be an empty box to fill in.
In addition why do the passive components come with a drop down list of values that we all know very well and could easily enter into a box - including odd values that we may want.
You should include an empty position to fill any value we want. Maybe you have another way around this but all other software make this so easy that I do not have to read a manual for it.

Manuals are necessary as things get more complicated , but basic things like I mentioned should be intuitive ( easy !).

This is constructive criticism and hope it will help to make it easier to use the software as we go along. Especially as I have paid for it I would REALLY like to contribute to make it a great piece of software. I think this piece of software has the potential of being really great if some of the difficulties are ironed out. Simple operations must be possible without the need to read anything.
Cheers,
Ashok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.