Maybe we should recruit this "Cat" to DIYAudio - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 30th July 2007, 10:20 PM   #1
KP11520 is offline KP11520  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Maybe we should recruit this "Cat" to DIYAudio

http://www.goodsoundclub.com/Playback/MyPlayback.aspx

Old 30th July 2007, 10:38 PM   #2
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Maybe we should recruit this "Cat" to DIYAudio

Quote:
Originally posted by KP11520
http://www.goodsoundclub.com/Playback/MyPlayback.aspx

naah....... he's ego isn't big enough for proper DiyA member

Old 30th July 2007, 10:41 PM   #3
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Already been banned from here and from at least one other forum where I participate.

Old 30th July 2007, 10:46 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Sy,

Is that true?

Then some have already seen this "collection". (Man what I could do with all that money spent)

I was thinking of Cal when I saw the Horns! Maybe he already saw this too!

Regards//Keith

Old 30th July 2007, 11:39 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Conditionally all imaginable loudspeakers in audio could be divided by two groups:

1) The loudspeakers where the pressure from the front of the loudspeaker isolated form the press from the back (Sealed enclosures, horns with sealed back chambers, infinite baffles and its…)

2) The loudspeakers where pressure from the front of the loudspeaker in any way or in any frequencies is mixed with the pressure from the back (ported enclosures and Passive Radiators, open baffles, any bandpasses, Transmission Lines, back loaded horns, TQWT and so on)

The second group of loudspeaker is FUNDAMENTALLY INFERIOR and practically at lower frequencies. Even if the loudspeaker are made superbly and with as less as possible compromises then they still are not free from thier fundamental limitations namely - screwing the neutrality of sound reproduction and minimizing the impact of reproduced music.

Certainly you can bay whatever you want or build whatever you want but if your acoustic system allows the pressure form the back of the drivers to be injected into listening room then your loudspeakers ... are garbage and they are good enough only for pop music.

Rgs,
Romy the Cat
This tells me all I need to know. He engages in the exact type of attitude he condemns. What a tool.

Old 31st July 2007, 12:05 AM   #6
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

If this is your introduction to Roman, there is much to be learned grasshopper.

Keith, he hates my set-up. Not fundamentaly horny enough for him I guess.

Old 31st July 2007, 12:20 AM   #7
jlsem is offline jlsem  United States
diyAudio Member

Just looking at the pictures of his system gave me a migraine.

John

Old 31st July 2007, 01:17 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SY
Already been banned from here and from at least one other forum where I participate.
He was a member of a Yahoo group that I'm in. He really stirred up trouble there too.

I kind of liked his quirkiness at first. His strong opinions are interesting because he obviously has the money to pick and choose his setup.

Unfortunately, the novelty quickly wore off.

Regards,
Martin

Old 31st July 2007, 01:34 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

When I saw his Vinyl setup, I thought, thank G^d he wasn't the surgeon who worked on me!

C'mon guys, didn't you think his pussy cats on the horns purring out "Do I make you HORNY" with an Austin Powers kinda voice, was a nice touch?

Like I said... What I could do with all that money! It certainly wouldn't be all that stuff or fill in the ______. I'd rather have a nice studio with an assortment of instruments and electronics to support my recent ProTools learning addiction.

Or a big deck with a nice view to invite you all over for a huge barbeque!

Cal, just call me "Weedhopper," distant cousin of Dennis Hopper (after he got all cleaned up anyway). Don't worry about his "opinion" as far as I am concerned you are in an elite pack of speaker gurus around here.

I'm glad we can all, at least, get a laugh about how far some people go (Yikes, maybe even some of us too)!

Regards//Keith

Old 31st July 2007, 01:56 AM   #10
OzMikeH is offline OzMikeH  Australia
diyAudio Member

I feel the need to point out the fact speaker cones are not impervious to sound. so ALL speakers are fundamentally inferior.

However it's not nice to pick on a guy when he has no chance to defend himself, even if his actions you describe are what removed his ability to defend himself.

It's still an impressive system put together with a lot of care and attention (and experience) No matter how abrasive the owner may be it does not affect the quality of his system.

There are some people in this forum who have some even stranger opinions yet are highly respected because they conduct themselves with dignity and courtesy. There is a lesson in that for you lot.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!